Notifications
Clear all

makeup remover?

MemberMember
(@mm97)

Posted : 09/21/2011 2:24 pm

What do you use for removing face makeup?

I've always only used an eye makeup remover (the Clinique one), and then to remove my foundation I use Neutrogena's Fresh Foaming Cleanser, but the thing I HATE about Neutrogena is their insistence on putting fragrance in their products! I have no real proof that fragrance irritates my skin, but I suspect that it does, or something else from Neutrogena may be irritating my skin (and stinging my eyes). I've tried other Neutrogena products and it's always been the same reaction, and I thought it might be the fragrance since they have that in ALL of their products...

Anyway, I really would like a fragrance free, gentle but EFFECTIVE makeup remover - does anyone know of any?

And has anyone tried Bioderma Crealine? I'm interested in it but not sure if it will be that great at removing makeup.

MemberMember
(@gemmyjunebug)

Posted : 09/21/2011 3:37 pm

I have never used a makeup remover! Never-ever! I've always used my gentle cleanser with a baby washcloth(so soft!) for my eye makeup and a regular(egyptian cotton-also very soft) washcloth for the rest of my face. I'm not against using them. I've just never understood why I would spend extra money on them when my gentle cleanser does the same thing.? The exception to the rule - if you are using a BP/SA/etc, type of face wash. Then by all means use a different cleanser to remove eye makeup. Even then save your money and by a gentle cleanser by CerVe or Cetaphil. Fragrance free and safe for eye makeup removal and twice the amount of product!

I also forgot to mention- If I use water-proof mascara or liner-those said cleansers mentioned still remove my eye makeup. My mother and my grandmother still use Vaseline to remove eye makeup. That is where I draw the line. lol.gif

MemberMember
(@gutterflower)

Posted : 09/21/2011 9:15 pm

Extra virgin olive oil. It's cheap, it doesn't hurt your eyes so you can use it to effectively remove eye makeup and it can't clog your pores because the molecules in the oil are too big. Just massage half a teaspoon into your skin and over your eyes, remove the residue with a cotton pad and then cleanse. I've tried all sorts of makeup removers, and the oil is the best thing I've tried.

MemberMember
(@magdish)

Posted : 09/22/2011 6:44 am

I use makeup remover wipes. They're pretty expensive, but they work wonders. Just wipe your face and then toss it in the bin. Simple.

MemberMember
(@maimy)

Posted : 09/25/2011 9:29 am

Extra virgin olive oil. It's cheap, it doesn't hurt your eyes so you can use it to effectively remove eye makeup and it can't clog your pores because the molecules in the oil are too big. Just massage half a teaspoon into your skin and over your eyes, remove the residue with a cotton pad and then cleanse. I've tried all sorts of makeup removers, and the oil is the best thing I've tried.

I'd second this. I put it onto a cotton pad and swipe my makeup off, then wash with a gentle cleanser. It' doesn't irritate my skin and leaves it feeling soft.

MemberMember
(@specioushope)

Posted : 09/28/2011 4:27 pm

Jojoba oil all the way. Works well as a make up remover as well as a moisturizer. I've read in previous articles about the factories where Cliniques make up remover is manufactured and how it is acidic. Why waste your money on chemical make up removers when there are natural products out there? =)

MemberMember
(@fudgesicle87)

Posted : 07/25/2015 9:00 am

I tried this last night after spilling out my old stuff which was full of pore-clogging ingredients. And, I have to say, Wow! I'm so impressed! It took my waterproof eye-makeup off better than anything I can even imagine. I don't know anyone could even want it to come off easier! And apparently I can just get this out of my cupboard every night and feel great that it's not going to break me out? I love it. :)

MemberMember
(@emancipation)

Posted : 07/26/2015 4:38 pm

Another user of extra virgin olive oil here!

Used it for years, seriously the best thing to remove makeup. I usually wet my face with water, rub some EVOO until it dissolves all the products on my face (and eyes) and wipe it off with some cotton pads. Never irritated my skin or broke me out.