Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jszittai

cystic acne returning

I'm 22 and I have suffered with acne on and off for years. About six months ago I started birth control, which did help with my cysts, not so much my scarring. I stopped picking at my face and I started using natural skin cleanser and simplifying my skin care routine without using all the chemicals. (I'm allergic to benzyl peroxide). Recently my chin and jawline has been breaking out again though! I have four large cysts on my chin which I don't know how to get rid of. Help please!

If you have multiple cysts you really should make an appointment with a dermatologist! He might provide you with some antibiotics and if not, he'll prescribe you accutane, if it's really bad.

I just read on another thread that toothpaste can be the cause of chin acne.

Maybe try a spot treatment. 10% BP gets rid of them in 3-4 days for me. Leaves a nasty red mark behind, though... I've heard of icing them and taking ibuprofen/anti-inflammatory medicine. In the end, though, I end up just letting them run their course. Haven't really found the cure yet :(