Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Bonnie78

My Scars

I've decided to upload some pics of my marks left over from my acne breakout.

I rarely had a pimple until start of this year when i decided to go off the pill and my skin went crazy.

I'm now on roaccutane and half way through, but i think i'm going to be left with more than just red marks :(

I'd like to hear thoughts of others as to what scarring mine seems looks like? My derm is reluctant to give me any information about my scars as I think she doesn't want to upset me! Im hoping once the redness dies down it wont be 'that' bad, but i can start seeing little indents seem to be getting more prominent!

Also, you cant really tell in this angle, but on my left cheek where there is quite a bit of red in the middle, my skin is concaved..like a big thumb print!! So depressing :(

post-149230-0-95302600-1316606312_thumb.

post-149230-0-19174000-1316606732_thumb.

post-149230-0-95302600-1316606312_thumb.

post-149230-0-19174000-1316606732_thumb.

Dear Bonnie,

Your scars aren't as bad as you think, I don't think I can even call them scars.

these are an example of real acne scars

. http://www.infobarre.../image/8262.jpg

What people don't know realize and found it hard to accept, food is the cause of the acne it took me 3 years to get that through my hard headed skull. And I know you don't believe because I've been there too, but for once in your life give it a try. Milk and sugar have a delayed effect, which means it takes 2 days for to get acne from eating it thats why people don't believe thats the source of the problem.

Cut down on all milk and sugar and eggs (including yoghurt, butter, glucose fructose etc) and you'll see the difference for yourself within the first month!

I've been eating vegan food and drink green tea and water, and zinc oxide at night my 2 scars are starting to heal by themselves.

Do some research on acne food allergies.

Edited by ShieldofFaith

Hello, I have about the same condition as you have.

What I am wondering is: Will all of the redness dissapear with time? I am prepared to wait for a long time, and I am hoping that the redness is gone within a year if i am using peeling products and other products usen for acne scarring.

is this possible?

Also, to the thread starter: There are several products to cover up the scars. Im a boy, and i even use it, cause it doesnt look like make up. It has been a life saver for me, even tho im starting to get stressed about my scars.

Edited by andrjor

Guest Timehealsall

Dear Bonnie,

Your scars aren't as bad as you think, I don't think I can even call them scars.

What people don't know realize and found it hard to accept, food is the cause of the acne it took me 3 years to get that through my hard headed skull. And I know you don't believe because I've been there too, but for once in your life give it a try. Milk and sugar have a delayed effect, which means it takes 2 days for to get acne from eating it thats why people don't believe thats the source of the problem.

Cut down on all milk and sugar and eggs (including yoghurt, butter, glucose fructose etc) and you'll see the difference for yourself within the first month!

I've been eating vegan food and drink green tea and water, and zinc oxide at night my 2 scars are starting to heal by themselves.

2 days after? what if you eat milk or sugar... but dont get pimples until maybe a week or two or month lateR?

Dear Bonnie,

I'm not saying your information is incorrect, but my acne CLEARLY came from going off the pill and my hormones going mental. I have had the same diet for years and years and when i went off the pill it never changed. So I find it really hard to make the connection between my diet and my acne?

Edited by Bonnie78

not everyones acne is caused from food, everyones is caused from different things. Mine is hormonal and spiro has been a godsend for me, but i too am left with scars and have been doing chemical peels. Yours looks more like hyperpigmentation with maybe a few rolling scars. If they are new they shouldn't be too hard to get rid of, so maybe talk to your derm about doing microdermabrasion, or you could even buy some off ebay and do it yourself 2-3 times a week.

I too have red marks from acne and have found rosehip oil is fantastic!! I use Trilogy Organic Rosehip Oil and just put a little bit on a cotton tip and apply directly to the marks after I have cleansed and moisturized at night. If my skin is looking really dry from Roaccutane, I even mix a drop of rosehip with my moisturizer and put it all over my cheek (my problem area). Rosehip is also great if you have picked or squeezed a zit and it is in the scab stage (naughty I know, but sometimes I just have to get the gunk out!).

Bonnie, trust me when I say this, and take heart - the redness makes your skin look worse than what it actually is. The brilliant news is that the redness will heal -if you let your skin naturally recover the marks could take a few months to fade, but the good news is they will!

Another great thing to know is that redness means your body is still healing, stilll fixing itself and remodelling. If you google the skin healing process you will find that skin can take years to reach the finish of the process.

Now if you choose, there are options available to you to speed this process up, but bearing in mind your on accutane, your going to have to wait anyway.

My only real advice? Enjoy your clear skin! :)

I too have scarring, and I have tried everything from fraxel laser treatments to derma rolling to the silicone bandages...can anyone tell me what type of scarring, skin issues i have? The derms I have been to all seem to say I have something diff than what the other doc has said before. Thanks!!

I too have scarring, and I have tried everything from fraxel laser treatments to derma rolling to the silicone bandages...can anyone tell me what type of scarring, skin issues i have? The derms I have been to all seem to say I have something diff than what the other doc has said before. Thanks!!

post-158616-0-46707900-1317684360_thumb.

post-158616-0-37199300-1317684387_thumb.

post-158616-0-46707900-1317684360_thumb.

post-158616-0-37199300-1317684387_thumb.

Your skin looks exactly like mine. My pic's aren't the greatest but looking at your's its very much how i see mine in the mirror (although mine are a tad worse).

How long have your scars been there? Looks like you have only a few box and rollings scars and the rest is hyperpigmentation?

You say you tried Fraxel? How many times? I'm keen to try this too but heard it doesn't work in most cases and you can waste $1000's. I think i'll try some peels and a good skin regime using Aspect products (suppose to be amazing) before going to laser

Ive had this for years and years and have been doing fraxel laser treatments every 6 months or so since I was 19 and Im almost 24. Went to a doctor at NYU and they said I dont have post inflammatory hyper pigmentation which I thought I did, he said I have something called color alteration so Im not sure what that means. I got the red marks I know from acne. Tomorrow I am getting a 30% TCA peel at a med spa I found and hopefully that works.

I actually looked up the aspect skin care line, cant find it in US though, where can you buy the products from online?

Yeah i don't think they do sell in the US sorry. But there are some online stores in Australia that you can buy from - not sure on overseas delivery.

Here is one i found - http://www.jessihowellcosmetics.com/

My friend's mum who has been in the beauty industry for over 20 years totally freaked out when i said i wanted to try Fraxel after my Roaccutane course. She could not stress enough how damaging and useless it would be for my skin and all I would end up doing is spending thousands. This saddened me because my Dermatologist said she wants me to have Fraxel after my course and will 'fix my scars right up' - this gave me hope! So not sure who to believe - the beautician or the dermatologist.,..you would tend to go with the Derm, but the she said that dermatologists are often out of touch with the more natural therapies you can take to reduce scarring. She then told me all about the Aspect range and said with a minimum 6 week treatment plan she will help reduce dramatically my scarring using the Aspect peels and their daily cleansing products.

Anyways, let me know how you go and i will too. Although I can't do anything for a while after my Roaccutane course ends which is so depressing.

My Derm said 6 months unfortunately. Which totally sux and i've even had to postpone my wedding to a later date because i want to make sure my scars are gone or at least reduced alot more than now.

Re the beauty therapy, i'd have to also wait 6 months for any strong peels, but i can start my daily routine using the aspect range and their different products (Extreme B or C serum etc). She promises me that with a good skin routine using these products over a good period of time i'll see results.

This is my plan anyway!