Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
austin123

Question about regimen before I buy

I am currently using a salyicic acid cleanser, a hydroquine 2% treatment.

If i buy the BP cleanser, BP treatment, and a AHA+ cream and moisturizor.

Can i still put the hydroquine 2% on my face? because my main problem is big red marks, and can i put vitamin e oil on my face too?

You're supposed to follow the Regimen and only the Regimen for 3 months, or until you're clear, whichever comes first... Then you can add extra products in. I'm not familiar with hydroquine 2% but you should also check the thread regarding other acne treatments and repost there - the folks over there probably have a better idea of what you are talking about.

Cocobo is spot on,

If you're on the regimen and have active acne, it's probably a wise idea to avoid adding in variables until you're clear, and have been for some time.

For the first couple of weeks, BP will dry and irritate your skin, therefore it's best to avoid other chemicals, and avoid cleansers that contain BP and AHA's/BHA's until your skin has calmed down.

I am currently using a salyicic acid cleanser, a hydroquine 2% treatment.

If i buy the BP cleanser, BP treatment, and a AHA+ cream and moisturizor.

Can i still put the hydroquine 2% on my face? because my main problem is big red marks, and can i put vitamin e oil on my face too?

I am also confused about the hydro thing. I've read on threads that it can darken your skin when used with BP, but when I went to the linked article it said it was more of a temporary darkening bc of the mixing of chemicals and not an actual permanent pigmentation. I was confused by it. Especially when Proactiv sells a hydro product especially to use with their system and I never had a darkening problem when I did that.

Still like the others said, you should deal with your active acne first and then the scars. When you have acne its hard to tell how bad your scarring actually is. Plus time alone will help a lot. And when you add extra variables, you can't tell what's causing problems when you add things back in.

As for the oil, I would say that's fine. I use the jojoba oil and Bio-oil. I thought Vit E was also listed as a good oil somewhere on the site but now I can't find it with all the changes so someone correct me if I'm wrong! Ty