Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

A Day In Life With Acne Scars

So, whats your day in life with acne scars? (If you have them)

Allow me explain mine...

Well, first i wake up, go to the restroom, wash my face, then i stare it for a few sec and go "yuck, i hate you so damn much acne scars".

Then i take a shower, get dressed and maybe take a little walk.

couple hours later.....

Im pretty much playing guitar, piano or watching a movie a this point. After a while i get bored and wanna take a drive..Maybe go to wal-mart, restaurant, go play some pool at the arcade or bowl. While im out my surroundings are people of course. As im walking around the store, i walk past a people here and there. They glare at me for a sec or two...Then move on. I proceed to walk around the store and i bump into someone by accident and say "sorry" and they don't say anything (was it because of my face? :'C) After that, i go pay for my stuff i bought, while doing it im a nervous wreak, shaking hands, feeling like im gonna have a panic attack. I then leave with a few more people staring goodbye to me.

Now, i proceed to the bowling ally. I walk in (scared as hell, because of the teenagers) I walk by some teens ( who have girls them and have perfect looking skin)then maybe hear a few chuckles (dont care) I go play pool or some racing game. As im playing i might (rarely tho)hear people talking about me, but i could be wrong. Then im done, i leave the bowling ally with people staring again. Its like 6 or 8 O'clock by now, im at home,i go eat then i go watch a movie, play guitar or piano again. Sometimes, if its still early i get my guitar and go down by the lake and play it while staring out into space, ahh such stress relief...Moving on. Now im done for the day, i go the restroom again , brush my teeth, wash face, Then i look in the mirror and say "well, i got through another day with you, you horrendous looking scars, but not a day goes by where i don't wish you would be wiped from the face of everyone and earth and never be able to return again" (If you want to know what kind and how much scarring i got then click the link to my story in my signature).

Well that pretty much a day in life with acne scars for me........

But how about you..?

Thanks for reading, And commenting.

-Matt

Edited by HiImMatt

people stare at you? D:< so rude

my skins gotten a lot better since july so ive been wearing less makeup

so yeah i basically wake up, do the regimen, put on makeup, go to school, go home, realize i had a hair from my makeup brush on my face the whole day and no one bothered to tell me (-____-) do hw or go to swim practice, regimen, sleep. yeap. nothin special haha :)

Hey! It sounds like you're perceiving that people are always acting towards you. Lots of people won't say anything back when you bump into them. You said sorry and that was your job. They could have just been a bad person or that's just how they react. Maybe they didn't hear you. I often don't realize when I am speaking in a quiet voice, and it usually happens in embarrassing situations like that.

Teens are immature. Maybe they were wondering why you were in the bowling alley alone. To be honest, I don't go out to places like that by myself for that very reason.

I stare in the mirror too whenever I'm in the bathroom. I've tried not to look and even keep the lights off sometimes (messy - not recommended)

Cheer up! Maybe write down your insecurities and try to reason them out of you. Would writing a song about it help? Sorry if that's a corny idea, but I wish I could make music for stress relief.

Sigh. Okay. I've only been thrust into the dark hole that is life with acne scars about 2 weeks ago.

This is me without photoshop and all that jazz. But I had, and have, crazy bad bacne.

I was on accutane for a bit, but that sucked and didnt do any change (I had cystic acne).

I started using retin a, and retin a on my face to try and get rid of these teensy keratin bumps. NOW I HAVE FREAKING CHEMICAL BURNS AND HYPERPIGMENTATION.

the worst thing is being a newbie to all this scar stuff, and I have no idea where to start with treatment although I'm an expert on cysts..

My day right now? sitting at home miserable about the way i look and not daring to go out in public. beat that. ugh.

Sigh. Okay. I've only been thrust into the dark hole that is life with acne scars about 2 weeks ago.

This is me without photoshop and all that jazz. But I had, and have, crazy bad bacne.

I was on accutane for a bit, but that sucked and didnt do any change (I had cystic acne).

I started using retin a, and retin a on my face to try and get rid of these teensy keratin bumps. NOW I HAVE FREAKING CHEMICAL BURNS AND HYPERPIGMENTATION.

the worst thing is being a newbie to all this scar stuff, and I have no idea where to start with treatment although I'm an expert on cysts..

My day right now? sitting at home miserable about the way i look and not daring to go out in public. beat that. ugh.

Is that you in the picture? If so, your beautiful and i mean really, really beautiful smile.png. I was also on accutane, yes it sucked, but i did help clear most of my bad acne out, Im sorry it didnt work so well with you tho sad.png. Im also sorry you have those chemical burns and hyperpigmentation, I wish i could make you feel better somehow, i don't like to see people hurting, especially good people who don't deserve the pain :(. Anyway, i hope your HPMT and chemical burns go away so feel better again. Thanks for commenting.

-Matt smile.png

Edited by HiImMatt

Hey! It sounds like you're perceiving that people are always acting towards you. Lots of people won't say anything back when you bump into them. You said sorry and that was your job. They could have just been a bad person or that's just how they react. Maybe they didn't hear you. I often don't realize when I am speaking in a quiet voice, and it usually happens in embarrassing situations like that.

Teens are immature. Maybe they were wondering why you were in the bowling alley alone. To be honest, I don't go out to places like that by myself for that very reason.

I stare in the mirror too whenever I'm in the bathroom. I've tried not to look and even keep the lights off sometimes (messy - not recommended)

Cheer up! Maybe write down your insecurities and try to reason them out of you. Would writing a song about it help? Sorry if that's a corny idea, but I wish I could make music for stress relief.

Yeah, you might be right about the quiet speaker, i do that sometime as well.

Im not ALWAYS alone at the bowling ally sometime my cousin comes or sometimes my brother :).

YES, lights are the WORST thing for me when it comes to scars, it just makes it look horrible.

I'll try, Thank you for that :). I've accutally written a song about acne already believe it or not xD.

Anyway, thanks for commenting.

people stare at you? D:< so rude

my skins gotten a lot better since july so ive been wearing less makeup

so yeah i basically wake up, do the regimen, put on makeup, go to school, go home, realize i had a hair from my makeup brush on my face the whole day and no one bothered to tell me (-____-) do hw or go to swim practice, regimen, sleep. yeap. nothin special haha smile.png

Yes, rude indeed. I wish these people would see that :/

Thanks for commenting! :)

-Matt

Sigh...... I know how you feel. Except for me, i am still struggling with mild-moderate acne PLUS i have red marks and little scars all over the sides of my face. It is a constant struggle. When i go to school i see all these people with flawless flawless skin and ive even had a friend that said people only have acne because they dont bathe themselves enough... she couldnt be more wrong... I have dry skin from all the bp and washing my face 3 times a day, which makes it very hard to apply makeup. I have been told that im a very attractive person in the days a while back when my skin was manageable but now i look in the mirror and i see about 30 red marks and 30 little pock mark scars...... and im sure the people who said that would take it back in a heart beat if they could see me now. wow now thats depressing. oh and im only in high school (11th grade)...... fml. I really hope this does not continue for much longer cause im afraid if it does there will be some serious scarring. I feel for you....

Sigh...... I know how you feel. Except for me, i am still struggling with mild-moderate acne PLUS i have red marks and little scars all over the sides of my face. It is a constant struggle. When i go to school i see all these people with flawless flawless skin and ive even had a friend that said people only have acne because they dont bathe themselves enough... she couldnt be more wrong... I have dry skin from all the bp and washing my face 3 times a day, which makes it very hard to apply makeup. I have been told that im a very attractive person in the days a while back when my skin was manageable but now i look in the mirror and i see about 30 red marks and 30 little pock mark scars...... and im sure the people who said that would take it back in a heart beat if they could see me now. wow now thats depressing. oh and im only in high school (11th grade)...... fml. I really hope this does not continue for much longer cause im afraid if it does there will be some serious scarring. I feel for you....

Sorry that its tough for you. But i tell you, i would never be able to survive in school, i can barely stand going to places, but i get bored easy so i have to go out and do something lol. And yeah...I know what you mean when you look in the mirror and see red marks...I have like probably over 100 scars on my body believe it or not :/. Anyway, i hope your marks go away so it will be easier on you life. Take care and thanks for commenting.

-Matt

Edited by HiImMatt

I've had acne for about 4 years, and finally this year it's stopping.

But what's so sucky is that the acne scars are just there, like permanent pigmentation. it just looks so gross.

I get all upset every morning because I have to wake up earlier than ppl who have perfect skin just so I can do my daily facial routine and put on my makeup to hide the scarring. And then by midday, the makeup goes off cause my face is just oily like that.

If I had somewhere to go, I'd put on another round of makeup. If not I just wouldn't bother and feel bad about myself, like I deserve to feel bad.

I guess what sucks for me with relation to acne scarring is that I'm just so sick of having to plaster makeup on to make myself look "normal".

I've tried many products, been to the derm and went for facial treatments but its still there. I've spent a whole lot of money on my face and I guess I'm just so pissed cause nothing works, and even if they did, they were temporary. I totally feel the same way as you do regarding the scarring. Every morning I wake up and examine my face, hoping that at least one scar has faded away. My derm told me that the scars will fade eventually but I don't know, it's just not happening.

Well, whats possible is that you can try to conceal those areas with scarring. If not, the only products that I saw minimal effect with were Retacynl and Lancome's Vissionaire. Another thing that I do is that I try to put my mind to something else such that I won't think so much about my scarring and trying to get rid of it. I hope that you do find a way that is effective to clear your marks and I do hope that your skin gets better :)

that i can so relate to you. i always go in the bathroom to check on my face. i however dont have the guts you have, to go out everyday and enjoy yourself.