Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jwitz

Boots Essentials Fragrance Free Lotion

Hi there, If I list the ingredients of this lotion, could someone be so kind to tell me if it is a no no for acne?

On the back it says "Hypoallergenic" Could someone also explain what this means? :)

Ok so,

Aqua

Paraffinum Liquidum

Glycerin

Caprylic/capric triglyceride

Dimethicone

Glyceryl stearate

PEG-150 stearate

Petrolatum

Cetyl alcohol

Phenoxyethanol

Methylparaben

Xanthan gum

Propylparaben

Tocopheryl acetate

Carbomer

Retinyl palmitate

Tetrasodium EDTA

Potassium hydroxide

Tocopherol

Thank you in advance!

Another question!

I have panoxyl aquagel 2.5. If I applied that to my problem areas, and then waited for it to dry, would using moisturiser over it for the day be ok? Would it affect the products efficiency? Should it only be done at night because of redness?

Guest Leajer424

In quick review of the lotion, the Paraffinum Liquidum and the Petroleum stand out. Paraffin Liquidum is Mineral Oil...wouldn't use that. Also, I wouldn't use anything with Petroleum in it if you have acne prone skin. Boots has lotions for acne prone skin...but one of them has Willow Bark (Salicylic Acid, another acne treatment) which may make your skin more sensitive along with BP.

Shouldn't be a problem to put lotion on over your BP.

Also, Hypoallergenic means that it won't cause an allergic reaction in most people. However terms used like Hypoallergenic, Noncomodogenic, Nonacnegenic, etc. have no regulations in terms of use so it's at a company's discretion if they want to put these terms on their packaging (they don't have to prove these statements in order to use them).

Edited by Leajer424