Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
branko

Stopping the regimen

Hi All,

I'm looking for some feedback from people who have used the regimen and stopped. I have been using the regimen usually only once but sometimes twice daily for around 8 years and while it has helped me a lot i feel it would be nice not to have to rely on it. I am now almost 28 and neither of my parents had acne this long so i expect that my acne should be easing however as soon as i stop using the regimen my face begins to break out.

I have tried slowly easing off the regimen as well as completely stopping over the last year but every time i try, its only a matter of time before i have to go back to it. Has anyone actually grown out of their acne alongside the regimen, does Dan still use it?

I've done some research on BP and have read some mixed opinions on its safety. I don't personally think BP is dangerous but am certain that any consistent long term exposure to a chemical has to have some long term consequences.

Anyway, if you've had success post regimen i would love to hear from you.. I am afraid that BP could be preventing my skin from developing its own natural resistance to acne..

Look forward to hearing from you,

Branko

Hey,

unfortunately, there is no easy way of going about this. 8 years is a hell of a long time, and no doubt your skin is now dependant on BP. Cutting it completely out of your regimen will be very difficult, however, not impossible.

Try cutting BP during the day, and use it only at night.

Each month you should aim to knock off 1cm of BP, and continue to do this until there really isn't any point in applying BP all over your face.

Once you're satisfied that you've cut back considerably, use BP as a spot treatment.

My brother and i have similar skin problems so i decied to start on dan's regime and its started to work for me, but my brother who is around ur age tell me to use to water cause thats all he uses, warm water rinse then cold water at the end and done. So mayb try water out for awhile and see if u still breakout?