Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
thegivingtree

Red LED Light for Acne Scars

Hello all,

I'm inquiring about the use of red LED lights for scar treatment. I know that these seem to work for the treatment of live acne. I have also read the thread where people were having success using LED lights+dermarolling for the treatment of scars. I recently visited a local clinic and they said that they could successfully treat scars AND red marks using ONLY LED light.

Does anyone know about only LED light in the treatment of scars? Has anyone has success with this treatment?

If it helps I have a bunch of small icepick scars and some smaller rolling scars.

Thanks

i just had a quick search on LED and found this quote:

The light from the LEDs interacts with cells and stimulates them to produce new collagen and elastin. Studies confirm that the same LED energy can be used to inhibit collagen formation, which can be helpful in the treatment of scars. By manipulating the wavelengths, cells can be turned on and off.

So...does the light stimulate collagen, or inhibit it?? im confused.

Think of LED red and infrared light as a source of energy for cells to do their thing. However, it would be nice if the cells had a mission, so you need some damage done first so your body can tell the cells what to do.

You can do LED light therapy by yourself. You need to do it fairly often so going to a clinic to do it probably won't be effective.

Get units from LEDman

no you use LED in conjunction with a acne scar revision technique. red and yellow LED lights are for collagen and fibroblast production and blue light is for acne

Think of LED red and infrared light as a source of energy for cells to do their thing. However, it would be nice if the cells had a mission, so you need some damage done first so your body can tell the cells what to do.

You can do LED light therapy by yourself. You need to do it fairly often so going to a clinic to do it probably won't be effective.

Get units from LEDman

Is that this guy?

http://www.theledman.net/660megaarray.htm

no you use LED in conjunction with a acne scar revision technique. red and yellow LED lights are for collagen and fibroblast production and blue light is for acne

Yea, I've done my research and I know this. My question was, has anyone had success using red light by itself, because a clinic I visited claimed that it could improve scars using only red light.

Edited by thegivingtree

LED for scars alone? I highly doubt it will be effective. Maybe you can see some improvement as people use it for wrinkles, but you would hav eto be super dedicated for a long period. When you create damage (ex dermarolling, subcision) , cells are triggered to repair. That's when you should give them the fuel to do their job.

The led man site is correct. Probably just easier to buy the 3 light (red, infrared, yellow) all in one.

I thought it was blue lights that treated acne and red/infrared and yellow that treated scars. I read that yellow and red/infrared did the same thing except red/infrared did it better but other places I read that they did different things :(.....You should probably just buy an led panel array instead of paying someone to provide treatment with it because your suppose to use it twice a day. Id go ahead and dermastamp while doing it. You only have to do it every 6 weeks and using 2.0mm stamp the redness is all gone in 4 days. The pain is minimal compared to rolling. I was surprised at how much stamping did not hurt compared to rolling.