Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
jjff8844

How many pumps of BP should i used?

I had years of experience using benzoyl peroxide 2.5 % with proactive and klear action. Thus, I started 1 pump for a few days and then 2 pumps with no irratation. However, 2 pumps are just way too much. Do you guys really need that much? Even one pump of benzoyl peroxide creates a thick layer on my face already. Two pumps feel like i'm putting glue on my face. How much do you guys use?

The regimen suggests using as much as 2, even 3 full pumps of BP.

If you're already clear, I wouldn't see the point increasing the BP. If 1 pump is enough for your skin, do whatever you see fit.

Also check what type of pump you have. Not too long ago they started phasing out one type of pump in favor of another type.

If the pump is short and with a large round top (larger than a quarter), use 3 pumps to follow the Regimen. If the pump is short with a small round top (smaller than a quarter), use 2 pumps to follow the Regimen.

But seriously, start slow - I went from 10% BP to this 2.5% BP and this stuff was so much more potent (weird I know) that my face couldn't handle it, despite all my confidence. Start slow! :)

If the pump is short and with a large round top (larger than a quarter), use 3 pumps to follow the Regimen. If the pump is short with a small round top (smaller than a quarter), use 2 pumps to follow the Regimen.

Do I do the same with the moisturizer and the cleanser?

Yes it is the same with the moisturizer and the cleanser.. I've asked the mods to change the Regimen instructions to include that bit of information but they've been neglecting it. It's kind of frustrating because new people could be using WAAAY too much and hurt their skin / have a really bad experience.

Basically, small and tall pump use 2. Short and large pump use 3.

I have always used less than the recommended amount. I spread it as thinly as possible, using 1 to 1 1/2 pumps for the whole of my face & neck.

My acne was mild/moderate so some may need more, but it worked for me (& saves money too!).