Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Stefani

Too High a Dose???

I weigh 141lbs (about 64 kg) and I've been prescribed 2 40mg pills a day, so 80mg a day. My acne is not horrible, mostly little nodules with the very occasional small cyst. Am I right that I've been prescribed too much? I'm supposed to start my course tomorrow so a quick response would be nice!! I don't want to bother my derm or make her think I'm doubting her unless my questions have a good basis.

thanks!!

How long are you going to be on for? It might depend on your cumulative dose. If you're concerned, definitely go and talk to your derm. Don't ever feel like you're being a nuisance just because you're concerned for your health. :) She is providing you a service and she gets paid to help you - you have every right to ask questions.

Don't worry, I'm the same! I've seen my doctor three times in the past two weeks and I feel like he's going to think I'm a hypochondriac or a stalker or something. But last time I saw him, I apologized for being there so frequently and he said "It's what I'm here for, you're not an inconvenience, you are a patient". ;)