Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
morning

Nose infection? Inflamed pores? Rosacea? Help please!

Greetings all, I have no idea what's wrong with my nose particularly. I've used a few chemical peels mainly from skin laboratory (salicyclic, glycolic, lactic) and it made my face a whole lot worse, i wanted to remove some acne scars. I have developed these inflamed pores on my nose that just won't go away, the chemical peel felt like it ripped the top layer skin of my nose off. i have no idea if i developed rosacea, seborrheic dermatitis, etc or something that makes my skin inflame. my skin

there's a hint of mild redness on my cheek and my nose is permanately mildly red-ish/pink-ish? It looks like the top layer of my nose (epidermis?) is gone and there are tiny whiteheads (P&P?, or more like yellow heads to me) on my nose along with visibles pores which is also visible on the cheek. my skin particularly then nose is dry and scaly peeling, i can't even apply concealer or makeup to hide my deformed (perhaps too strong of a word) nose. I think i thinned my skin because of these peels, i am unsure what to do and looking for recommendations and help. currently i really have no regiment and wash my face with cetaphil gentle cleanser and use cetaphil moisturizing lotion as a moisturizer or Protective day cream with cynergy tk keratin by pure source, eat omega 3 fatty acids, pray, basically i'm all out of ideas. My face feels sensitive and i have developed mild redness on the cheeks.

I went to the doctor and he thinks its acne, going to get a second opinion soon. He prescribed me benzoyl peroxide 5%, i'm afraid to use it.

Here are some pictures from different lighting/pov. As you can see my skintone has changed due to the peels. Touching my nose mid-day feels scaly/flaky and a bit oily, but it won't go away and my nose is whitish/pinkish depending on the lightning which looks awful.

The black thing is a scab from a whitehead that i unintentionally popped during a shower. i have used raw honey mask for a few weeks, so probably that's why my nose is whitish/pinkish? i feel really awful and scared to use anything now.

Edited by morning

heey!

Many people get acne in a particular area, me for example got acne on cheeks. I think in your case you develop many whiteheads on your nose which of course are a little inflammed and cause your nose's redness. Also, it seems very sensitive since applying products made it worse. Does it burn? if so it might be just irritation. However, you should visit a derm nad let him/her take a close look. In my personal opinion i think its regular acne (mild-moderate) on your nose and Dan's regimen would be a good idea.

good luck!

ps: describe your diet

Edited by Chestercool

Hey thanks for responding, my diet is usually rice + meat/vegetable/fish/etc or noodles, kinda typical food for asians (or so i think) & drink a fruit juice everyday + water. I flush more easily now when im eating after i did the peel, my nose doesn't burn per say, but from time to time i do feel a heat/warmish feeling on my nose.

Edited by morning

hey again :P

try to avoid rice, because it is GI high (stimulates insulin which make sebaceous glands grow), add zinc and fish oil as supplementation, if it doesnt cure your acne will definitly help. Again, go to the derm

by the way, if you go on benzoyl peroxide use 2.5% concentration even if your derm prescribes 5%, it has been proven that 2.5% is the best one.

Guest Timehealsall

hey again tongue.png

try to avoid rice, because it is GI high (stimulates insulin which make sebaceous glands grow), add zinc and fish oil as supplementation, if it doesnt cure your acne will definitly help. Again, go to the derm

by the way, if you go on benzoyl peroxide use 2.5% concentration even if your derm prescribes 5%, it has been proven that 2.5% is the best one.

foods high in GI does stimulate insulin.. but making sebacious glands grow? Is this a permanent or temporary affect.

avoiding rice takes out like 90% of my daily food lol. I never really had this problem until i did some chemical peel which made my face easily red/sensitive and my nose permanately red. I will definitely see a derm sooner or later and benzoyl peroxide would it help i mean there is really no acne but there are just tiny rice grains on my pores, are those acne? Even when i remove them the layer is still red.

probably did the dumbest thing and used biore pore strips however there is really no blackhead just these whitish/yellowish tiny grains, using desert essence's thoroughly clean face wash to wash my face and it seems to help somewhat i think. there are gaps in my nose some parts are red some parts not (80% red and 20% not really red, under my nose its like a pinkish color and the sides of it are not really red, i don't know if its rosacea or seborrheic dermatitis or whatever there is the traditional redness across the nosebridge between both cheeks.

still looking for sensitive sunscreen since when i apply my moisturizer with 30 spf it kinda irritates it, but idk, since im looking at it from a 1x magnifying mirror.

edit: guess biore pore strips were useless since the whiteheads came back the next day.

Edited by morning

Guest Timehealsall

if thats rosacea, i have the same thing. i get those exact rice grainish things on my face. The difference is.. however... i can easily rub them off either with my fingers or a cotton pad (not using fingernails).

If you washed your face, and using your fingers to sort of rub in an up and down motion, would these rice grain things come out?

btw, did you do the peel only on your nose? because your forehead looks very similar to mine (Except i have more discoloration and some indents).

It seems like you are producing a lot of dead skin all of a sudden. was it always like this prior to the chemical peels? can you link me which ones you used (chemical peels)?

a few probably do fall out, but i wouldn't say it's easy for me. i rub in circular motion, but for the most part it stays intact as i try to do it lightly. i did the peel all around my face, so it has a bit discoloration as i look lightier, but the middle patch of my forehead is kinda blotchy and uneven, is that what it is dead skin? i don't remember my skin producing these dead skin prior. I used chemical peels from skin laboratory (salicylic 20%,glycolic 50% (used once), lactic 70%, etc)

the center of my nose atm is kinda red, but more of a dark red color, not dark dark, but u can tell its not like original red (kinda like dried blood, but not to that extent), and if it is dead skin, how do you smooth it out?

about the rosacea or mild seb derm ii have mild redness across the nose bridge between both cheeks, i don't know if it is because my skin is really sensitized or it just developed. it wasn't present until i did a few weeks of raw honey mask for 3 hours (90% honey and 10% water mixture) after like the 3rd week.

currently my regiment is just cleansing with cerave hydrating cleanser and moisturizing with cerave moisturizing lotion. only supplements im taking is fish oil, kinda interested in the zinc though, but dunno if it will help. the peels did kinda messed up my skin surface as it is more blotchy and not smooth/even feels kinda like it burnt my skin even though its not red. like the second picture in my link (the one pic with face up close), u can see skin kinda burnt into a clump, the blotchyness, anyway i can smooth that out? is that dead skin? The forehead area particularly.

Edited by morning

Guest Timehealsall

how exactly do these peels work? are they like cleansers that you use daily?

regarding the honey mask method... it is intended for seborrheic dermatitis. did you have seb derm prior to using the honey masks?

If you really have dead skin, get a cotton pad and massage/rub it across your face. does any yellow gunk appear on cotton pad?

Regarding the peels it's like this

then you feel a burn as it exfoliates your skin

i did not have any sign of seborrheic dermatitis, but i used it to relieve myself of redness in various part of my skin, then after 3-4 weeks there is a redness link from nosebridge to cheeks although faint, it could get worst, so in a way the honey mask caused seb derm like symptoms i suppose or the skin is sensitive, don't know.

about that dead skin i'll try that later and see, but i usually don't notice any yellow gunk or any gunk in particular when cleansing

in a way my face was fine before aside from a few acne and acne marks, but after the peel it produced excessive sebum i think in my nose? and made the area red and inflamed

Edited by morning