Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
reality

Putting yogurt on my face for a moisturizer

I saw a post on a different website and someone recommended that you put organic, plain yogurt on your face to hydrate your skin. Leave it on for 20 minutes than wash it off. Has anyone ever done this before? I'm looking for a natural way to moisturize my face. I only wash my face with water and I'm looking for a natural method to moisturize my skin.

Has anyone every done this before? Hopefully it does the job?

Edited by reality

On it's own, not particularly. But if you mix 3 tablespoons of yogurt, a few teaspoons of lemon juice and three or four teaspoons of honey and use it as a mask, it'll be more hydrating. Honey is a really good natural moisturizer because it's a humectant and naturally attracts and retains water. :) (It's also delicious. :P)

Nancy's Organic Yogurt is awesome. But yogurt is made by introducing bacterial cultures to milk to get it to turn into yogurt. Now, not sure if these guys are the same ones that causes acne, or has any moisturizing effects. I guess the lipids from the milk can hydrate the skin, that's why there are milk baths at fancy day spas.

The best moisturizer that has always worked for me is Jojoba oil and Alba Botanicals emollient body lotion, made with real good stuff and no fragrances or dyes. Give those a whirl, your face will thank you for it!