Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wag18

Hormonal Acne!

I'll try keep this relatively short :)

18 year old guy, with pretty bad skin. Its not the worst, i'd admit that, but it is by far not at all the best. I most often get larger spots, around my jaw and mouth. I used to only get cystic acne on my cheeks, however it seems to be moving round my face over the years. I get occasional cysts, but mostly larger yellow heads which take a few days to surface, then leave a massive scab and red mark.

What i wanted to bring up is the cure for hormonal acne. I see lots of posts on this site saying things like 'diet is the cure of acne' etc. etc.

But with hormonal acne that's just not the case! I eat very healthily, 3-5 fruit and veg a day, meats (chicken etc.) no fast food, occasional ready meals, occasional sugary food. But altogether a very BALANCED DIET!

Basically what I want to ask, is does anyone know how to control hormonal acne? The answer isnt diet, or topical treatments, or water intake. Ive tried all that. Ive also tried vitimin supplements, vit c, fish oil, vit b5 etc. With no success.

Someone must know something!!!

basicly acne diet is about not eating high GI food

I'd recommend taking zinc, it makes glands (sebaceuos too of course) to be in balance, fish oil aswell. Also topical treatment such as Dan's regimen, it should work.

good luck!

basicly acne diet is about not eating high GI food

I'd recommend taking zinc, it makes glands (sebaceuos too of course) to be in balance, fish oil aswell. Also topical treatment such as Dan's regimen, it should work.

good luck!

What exactly is high GI food? I tried zinc supplement for about a week, it was 'vitamin c and zinc' tablets though. Still provided my daily amount of zinc though. Maybe i'll start that up again. I dont want to be taking to many supplements though. Currently on fish oil, and vit b5

Thanks though, much appreciated!

Since your a guy zinc is very good for you actually, in pretty much every way.. Only thing is it might make your testerone levels higher - it's the "male" metal. (in case you're wondering, copper is the "female" metal)

Also topical treatments should work, I use the Regimen for my hormonal acne (I turn 19 next month and am female) and I'm completely clear now.

Also topical treatments should work, I use the Regimen for my hormonal acne (I turn 19 next month and am female) and I'm completely clear now.

Ive tried soo many topical treatments though. The strange thing is, i only get pimples where i put the treatments. For example, my forehead is clear, but i never put any cleanser or BP etc. on that part of my face. Its just difficult to determine if my skin was bad in certain parts before i started trying to treat it, or possibly, it might not have been that bad, but trying to treat it has made it worse? If that makes sense?

At the minute im just giving my face a splash of cold water every now and again, have stopped with topical treatments completely besides occasional sudocream. Im taking Vit B, Vit C, Zinc and fish oil.

Lets see where i am in a few weeks skin wise :)

yeah many people get better when the stop any treatment, and supplementation in right dosis are not dangeoureous at all.

high GI food are which stimulates your insulin, when insulin is high it makes sebaceous glands to go crazy (that was the cause of my acne for example, i stopped taking whey protein and my acne dissapeared). sugar, rice, sodas, carrots are some examples of high GI foods. Also it has been proven that dairy products makes acne worst.

yeah many people get better when the stop any treatment, and supplementation in right dosis are not dangeoureous at all.

high GI food are which stimulates your insulin, when insulin is high it makes sebaceous glands to go crazy (that was the cause of my acne for example, i stopped taking whey protein and my acne dissapeared). sugar, rice, sodas, carrots are some examples of high GI foods. Also it has been proven that dairy products makes acne worst.

I didn't know this...wow

Where can I find a list of foods I sould be avoiding??

Thanks!

Edited by reality