Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
StaryNight

Food allergies - Diet Log

Hi guys,

I've finally come to term after three years that it was not a matter of hygiene but a matter of diet that was the trigger of my acne. I've had cystic, whiteheads and pimples over the past few years. Now I'm really sick of it all I'd basically ready to throw away all types of food and survive only on fruits /vegetables/carbohydrates/ and water if I have to. Although I'm reluctant to become vegetarian because meat, fish and poultry I love them and plus I have a pretty high metabolism. So if I don't have that plus no milk and sugar I'll look like a skeleton corpse.

Right now I have 4 zits and 1 thats healing

As from now I'm going to start with

No Milk

No Sugar

No Yoghurt

and No Eggs

then I'm going to do the allergy self testing method (introducing one at a time)

- http://www.allergy-details.com/allergy-testing/Self-Testing-for-Food-Allergies/

Wish me luck

This is what I have as acne treatment btw

shower with only water

drinking filtered water

green tea

zinc oxide powder at night

calamine lotion

aloe vera gel

aloe vera and ginger

honey externally

polysporin

I also have lemon juice (with real lemons) but I've been making any for a few days.

Thanks for the input freeliving

Day 1

No new acne. WOOT!? lol Also my acne that I already have seems to be slightly healing ;) I have high hopes that with this abstention my acne will gone permanently. I can finally be free from this burden. Today for breakfast

Green tea bag with filtered water. I'm going to have vegan for lunch.

I have

a jar of apple sauce 23g and

raspberry-apple jam 7g,

some arizona green tea with ginseng and honey 19g

Ginger ale 24g

in my fridge hesitating to whether to throw them away. I'm going to wait till I'm completely cured of all acne and test for sugar allergy with those stuff.

Things I already threw away

Nutrition/granula bars with high milk and sugar content

Granula cereal (had 1% milk)

Ice cream

good plan keep with it, you might want to eat more though. you need protein in your diet. good sources of protein are: chicken, tuna (canned is fine), light fish (for starters), peanut butter (natural is best although it takes time to get used to the taste). peanut butter also contains healthy fats, and so does avocado

i would recommend a strict diet of fresh, FRESH, foods. veggies, fruits, and meats. drink water throughout the day (dont force it down your throat), and this should clear you up in no time. dont eat anything processed and just stick with your initial list of items for a no go.

Edited by freeliving

Day 2

Still no new acne lmao unfreakingbelievable. Happy as a dog wagging its tail. To freeliving: Omg peanut butter has milk and sugar in it! depending on what kind it is.

. http://answers.yahoo...11125828AAsdUFw

I would have to organic section and check ingredients (ya I'm food freak now haha)

But yea I agree I have to eat more. Today I'm going to do some groceries buying salmon and tuna and a heck load of fruits of vegetables.

[Edit]

I start running the hot water on my tap when I put it in my filter

I put zinc oxide powder all over my nose before I go to sleep because I normally get whiteheads there, works very well.

Going to introduce something new to my diet plan which is oranges to help with the few scars I have 2 per day which means 14 per week. lol Seems a lot but its healthy food and I need it.

Edited by ShieldofFaith

I have

a jar of apple sauce 23g and

raspberry-apple jam 7g,

some arizona green tea with ginseng and honey 19g

Ginger ale 24g

in my fridge hesitating to whether to throw them away. I'm going to wait till I'm completely cured of all acne and test for sugar allergy with those stuff.

The sugar thing isn't about allergic response, it's about insulin response which is inflammatory and stimulates the production of other hormones, such as those involved in acne.

The body does not want a lot of sugar floating around in the bloodstream (because it's very damaging) so it releases insulin to get it into the cells as fast as possible. If you have a lot of sugar, it releases a lot of insulin. But if your cells already have all the glucose they need, they won't take it in and the glucose will keep floating around in the bloodstream binding to things it shouldn't and causing damage which ages you. And meanwhile the insulin is stimulating the production of other hormones, including those involved in acne. Excess insulin means excess hormones.

Everyone should avoid high glycemic meals, drinks and snacks. Everyone.

You should ditch the sugary drinks and never have them again. But if you must, have in very small amounts with an otherwise low glycemic meal.

Edited by alternativista

Day 3

Still no new acne. Skin seems to be doing better. I have a little pink bump on my cheek left from cyst I think I don't know how to get rid of it, I'm worried about it and I can't go to the doc cuz it takes 2 months to get appointment ridiculous I know and I have exams coming. I've been putting polysporin and aloe vera been switching in bet. but its still not going away!

any suggestions please??

Also, thanks alterna very useful info. I see most processed with sugar now. Now I try to buy only foods with less than 10% as much as possible.

The peanut butter I bought is NATUR brand 100% all natural has 1% sugar and added Vitamin E 10%. I don't think 1% sugar will make me breakout what do you guys think? label says May contain tree nuts (almonds and cashews - im not allergic to that) also says "Our peanut butter is 100% natural, nothing has been added to it " (does that mean theres no milk in it??)

Also I bought Fish sauce 68% Anchovy 27% salt 5% sugar from the supermarket too, what do you guys think. I had some yesterday with my noodles. I mean its like nothing compared to a doughnut or a chocolate bar, right?

I also bought chicken broth that one had 0% sugar. Which is awesome. Taco shells had 0% sugar too so I bought those as well. Bought some canned ravioli, Barilla spaghetti to boil. Vegetables and fruits too. Oh I bought a dozen of oranges. I think that'll do a good combo with my green tea.

Edited by ShieldofFaith

It's extremely common to be allergic to peanuts. And they have been shown to be capable of permeating the intestinal linings and get into the bloodstream undigested. Which is likely how people become allergic to them.

Now you're scaring me alterna :/ Ok I had some when I was a kid it didn't do anything as far as I can remember. In any case ill try some tonight maybe just 1 sandwhich of it and see the results, wish me luck.

Edited by ShieldofFaith

Now you're scaring me alterna :/ Ok I had some when I was a kid it didn't do anything as far as I can remember. In any case ill try some tonight maybe just 1 sandwhich of it and see the results, wish me luck.

Are you talking about the peanuts? It's just an FYI since you claim to be testing for allergy/intolerances. Something to test as well. As is the gluten/grains in the bread in that sandwich. Which also damages intestinal linings.

Also, I hope when you say you are avoiding milk and yogurt you mean you are avoiding all dairy. There's little point in avoiding those things while you eat cheese or other diary.

An easier and faster way to pinpoint if you have any intolerances that cause your acne is to stick to a list of hypoallergenic foods for about a month and see if there's an improvement to your acne or how you feel. Then methodically add foods back one by one or in groups of related foods and watch for a reaction. There's a list of foods few people are intolerant to as well as lists of related foods in this thread:

http://www.acne.org/...le-t200416.html Those foods include some of the best, most nutrient dense foods so won't cause nutrient deficiency as long as you always choose protein and veggies every day. And it can be easier to figure out what to eat from a short list. Take it with you when you shop.

Although it is possible to be allergic to just about anything so it's no guarantee that you won't be allergic to one of these foods. Just really unlikely.

Edited by alternativista

Are you talking about the peanuts? It's just an FYI since you claim to be testing for allergy/intolerances. Something to test as well. As is the gluten/grains in the bread in that sandwich. Which also damages intestinal linings.

Also, I hope when you say you are avoiding milk and yogurt you mean you are avoiding all dairy. There's little point in avoiding those things while you eat cheese or other diary.

An easier and faster way to pinpoint if you have any intolerances that cause your acne is to stick to a list of hypoallergenic foods for about a month and see if there's an improvement to your acne or how you feel. Then methodically add foods back one by one or in groups of related foods and watch for a reaction. There's a list of foods few people are intolerant to as well as lists of related foods in this thread:

http://www.acne.org/...le-t200416.html Those foods include some of the best, most nutrient dense foods so won't cause nutrient deficiency as long as you always choose protein and veggies every day. And it can be easier to figure out what to eat from a short list. Take it with you when you shop.

Although it is possible to be allergic to just about anything so it's no guarantee that you won't be allergic to one of these foods. Just really unlikely.

Allergies are much more complex then this. Food allergies are the hardest ones to discover, even in a lab setting. Most of them are found out or hinted at by the patient, if he had a peanut allergen I am sure he and his parents would have found out years ago when he was very very young. Side effects are different and acne is a rare one at that, not sure if acne is ever a direct allergen side effect (probably not, just a promoter of acne).

Day 4

Hi guys, first of all, good morning! today I don't see much of a difference in acne, I still have a little bit very minor acne left over from the dairy but no new ones. However I see a little improvement in one scar of the two it must be because I've been drinking green tea every morning plus 2 oranges a day. I'm not sure yet though the scar seem to just blend in more with the surrounding skin. Less noticeable now.

Btw Alterna I haven't touched butter or yoghurt or milk or eggs nor cheese since Day 1. And I'm satisfied with the results so far.

I want to stop a moment to thank you guys for posting, its been helping me a lot, you're full of fascinating infos both sound and detailed. Since I've started my diet I've regained some of my confidence back, I actually look like a normal human being LOL and I've been getting more attention from people than I'm use to wink.png

As for the peanut case, I don't see a difference on my skin yet. I only had one sandwhich of it to try it out. But I'm going to wait a month before retrying the peanut again. So technically I should be perfectly clear in a month with nothing in my diet but carbohydrates (pasta, noodles, rice), grain, meat, poultry and fish, fruit and vegetables since I know for sure, I'm postive I'm not allergic to meat. Until then I'm not going to run any food test or else it'll be pointless. Until I'm perfectly clear I won't be able to conduct the tests properly.

My only concern for the moment is that pink bump left from the cyst I was talking about earlier, (its definitely that dreadful milk thats the culprit) I really want it to go away. I'm still putting aloe vera and polysporin as often as I'm at home, it decreased in size very slightly, is still very pinkish. If you guys have any remedies preferably natural ones. Like idk would strawberries or potatoes on it help?

Edited by ShieldofFaith

Allergies are much more complex then this. Food allergies are the hardest ones to discover, even in a lab setting. Most of them are found out or hinted at by the patient, if he had a peanut allergen I am sure he and his parents would have found out years ago when he was very very young.

Uh. Nope. There are other types of delayed responses involving different antibodies and inflammatory responses that don't involve antibodies. And the reactions are very subtle and are often the cause of mystery ailments people never get a diagnosis for. And the average doctor or allergist isn't going to be concerned about these delayed type reactions so it's difficult to find a place that tests for the right antibodies or other end products of inflammatory responses that don't involve antibodies. And even so, the tests are subject to false positives and misdiagnosis. So, the best way to find intolerances that cause headaches, sinusitus, fatigue, acne, eczema, joint pain, asthma, insomnia, anxiety--all kinds of non-accute responses--is elimination.

You can also develop an allergy at any time. So whatever they did or didn't notice when she was young, has no relevance.

I had no idea whatsoever that I was allergic to the oranges I was eating that caused my severe cystic acne. There was no other reaction. And since i ate oranges or other citrus often and cysts take so long to heal and go away and I had other types of acne as well, I could never notice the connection. I discovered it by luck. And when I eliminated the citrus, the cysts went away.

And what's with all the newbies lately telling me things are more complicated and then say something that shows they have no idea how complicated those things are?

So technically I should be perfectly clear in a month with nothing in my diet but carbohydrates (pasta, noodles, rice), grain, meat, poultry and fish, fruit and vegetables since I know for sure, I'm postive I'm not allergic to meat.

So, you are positive you aren't intolerant to the grains? Or to nightshades? Or to any other fruit or vegetable?

Edited by alternativista

Day 5

Skin is doing pretty okay, still no new acne. I've been drinking V8 Also, do you guys think apple sauce is okay to eat? or is there too much sugar in it?

I positive I'm not allergic to grain.

Also one important question I wanted to ask since I've been on the diet I seem to get much less whiteheads is it because I stopped drinking milk or reduced my sugar intake?

Day 5

Skin is doing pretty okay, still no new acne. I've been drinking V8 Also, do you guys think apple sauce is okay to eat? or is there too much sugar in it?

I positive I'm not allergic to grain.

Also one important question I wanted to ask since I've been on the diet I seem to get much less whiteheads is it because I stopped drinking milk or reduced my sugar intake?

Get natural applesauce it is fine, there will be sugars in it, cuz apples do have fructose in them, totally healthy. yes you are probably right, less acne and whiteheads from less milk and sugar. what else have you been doing different? do you shower with soaps? do you wash your face with soaps? if not, when did you stop that?

Update: I broke out 2 small zits, just a little while ago. I can only imagine it being the peanut butter, A. either the peanuts, almonds or other nuts in it or there was 1% milk in it. I seriously doubt it can be orange allergy that alterna has since I've been eating them 2 per day so I'd have to had a major breakout. So yeah I'm guessing the peanut butter.

Anyway I'm going to continue the diet as planned. Nothing but fruits, grain, vegetables, meat, poultry, fish and carbohydrates.

No dairy, (no milk, no yoghurt, no butter etc), no peanut butter, no eggs and reduced sugar.

I don't shower with soaps just plain water I started that a few months ago can't exactly remember when but I seem to get more chest and back acne without using soap. So I might start again. I was using hand soap and scrubbing with a shower back scrubber I didn't seem to have any irritated skin from it and it did the job.

I don't shower with soaps just plain water I started that a few months ago can't exactly remember when but I seem to get more chest and back acne without using soap. So I might start again. I was using hand soap and scrubbing with a shower back scrubber I didn't seem to have any irritated skin from it and it did the job.

first off, your first sentence doesnt match your second. secondly, this is your problem, soaps and physical agitation is definitely terrible for the skin, as you strip the natural oils and acid mantle. STOP using soap and scrubbers and see what happens, simply rinse yourself in the shower and that is all (try to use cool water).

Day 6

Waow I have new acne, bleh thats so ridiculous. I just washed the sheets yesterday, it might be because I've been sleeping on the blankets. URGH so freaking annoying. At least its not as bad as the dairy acne. The dairy acne actually HURTS and those that had it before knows what I'm talking about.

Day 7

Still sticking to my diet, yesterday for dinner I had rice, tuna, lentils and canned sliced mushrooms.

I decided to take a jar and make some green tea with some honey to use as a toner.

This morning I'm drinking a cup of water with ACV (Apple Cider Vinegar) hopefully that will fixing things pretty soon.

Edited by ShieldofFaith