Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
basil.siddiqui

Spacey, Brain Fog, Fatigue, please please please advise.

I took Accutane for 5 months; 40 mg for the first 4 months and 50 for the last month. During the 5th month (about 4 and half weeks ago) I woke up with an extreme brain fog. I feel spacey, trouble focusing, fatigued, just dumb in general. I told my doctor about what I was experiencing and he told me to get off of Accutane. I have now been off it for 3 and a half weeks and the fog is still there. I'm starting to get really worried and it's naturally upsetting not feeling normal. I would much rather be in physical pain or have acne than deal with this. I have gotten a full blood work up, EKG, Cat Scan, etc and nothing is showing any issues. I'm normally a high energy, happy, and healthy young male so this is very out of the norm for me. I take no other medications. Any advice or success stories anyone has would be greatly appreciated.

Thank you so much.

Hi, basil. Feeling kinda spaced out is a common side effect during and after a course, unfortunately. It will eventually go away, but for some of us it might not ever go away completely. It's been almost 3 years since my course and I still get a bit of brain fog every now and then, but nothing like it used to be immediately after the course.

Try to treat yourself well: adequate rest, stay hydrated, eat healthy, exercise. Hopefully the brain fog will clear up quickly for you.