Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
sypherr

Huge whitehead! Pop or Not?

I had a red mark on my face before i went to sleep, and thought nothing of it. It was not sore or anything. This morning I woke only to find an enormous whitehead, and i dont know what to do. I do not want it to scar, but it to be gone by tomorrow. What should I do?

I had a red mark on my face before i went to sleep, and thought nothing of it. It was not sore or anything. This morning I woke only to find an enormous whitehead, and i dont know what to do. I do not want it to scar, but it to be gone by tomorrow. What should I do?

i think it will be fine to pop it. i have done that with numerous whiteheads and never had one scar. the only time i get scars is if i try to pop a cyst.

Usually when I pop a whitehead, i use a needle to open it, and continue to dab it with a kleenex until it is not longer white. Does that work properly? If I dont remove all of the white contents will it affect the healing?

Edited by sypherr

Guest Timehealsall

you keep dabbing as in touching the zit with a kleenex until the pus drains? or do you squeeze it with your fingers?

I never pop my pimples, but from my understanding, if you pop a pimple, and dont get rid of all of the contents, it could come back 10x worse. Also... i noticed that sometimes when i wash my face, a pustule pops on its own... and when this happen, the pus usually doesnt come back?

you keep dabbing as in touching the zit with a kleenex until the pus drains? or do you squeeze it with your fingers?

I never pop my pimples, but from my understanding, if you pop a pimple, and dont get rid of all of the contents, it could come back 10x worse. Also... i noticed that sometimes when i wash my face, a pustule pops on its own... and when this happen, the pus usually doesnt come back?

Coincidence perhaps? I guess, that when you pop a pimple using a needle, you are merely draining the contents as opposed to actually cleaning the pore as you would when washing.

There also could be a number of contributing factors, such as a dirty needle, opening the head could welcome infection or dirt which could further clog the pore following in another zit.

popping a white is not good, for the skin under the white head is not fully healed. just let the whtie head dissipate on its own, it should go away within a day or two (at the most). if you pop it you will need more time for it to heal. not popping it is the best thing to do if you can help it.

Guest Timehealsall

popping a white is not good, for the skin under the white head is not fully healed. just let the whtie head dissipate on its own, it should go away within a day or two (at the most). if you pop it you will need more time for it to heal. not popping it is the best thing to do if you can help it.

yea i agree with this. When you are washing your face and a whitehead drains/pops on its own, that is best because it was ready to go