Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Lodi

Washing your face

Hi,

I am new and I am on day 3 of my 4 month treatment of claravis at 40 mg twice a day. I have always used a wash clothe to scrub my face gently when I wash it. This morning I followed the same routine I always have, but it felt like someone had taken sand paper to my face and then splashed alcohol on it. I am wondering if the pain... which has continued all day is due more to the claravis treatment or how I washed my face? So far I have had no improvement with claravis other than sever discomfort in my face... I haven't experienced any other side affects not even chapped lips. I am at a point where claravis is my only option to treat my nodular acne which is painful on its own. I just want my face to show some kind of improvement with the pain. I don't even care if I have acne its the pain that is killing me.

It sounds like you're going to need to be extra gentle with your skin while on isotretinoin. Please also go out and get some moisturizer! You're going to need it. If you have any petroleum jelly, use a thin coating of that right now to help soothe your irritated skin.

From now on, I'd not use a washcloth and find the gentlest cleanser you can. I don't know where you live but Simple, Basic, Cetaphil, and Purpose have good gentle cleansers that won't irritate the skin. Good luck!