Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

So these days I tend to use AHA as a moisturizer after putting on BP instead of Dan's cleanser. I found it to be less flakey and greasy afterwards. i was wondering if i should be doing that or not because I'm a bit afraid it may make it worse for my complexion. So I guess i'd be using it 2x a day and probably a thin finger length of application. If that's not a good moisturizer to use often, what would everyone recommend? Please let me know :3.

Hi! Putting on the AHA as moisturizer after BP is ok, but in my experience not twice a day, everyday. The acid is going to make your skin red, raw, and super sensitive to touch and the sun.

If your skin is already accustomed to AHA+ and you don't need to build up tolerance, I'll skip to the advice I give everyone on AHA+.. For a while now I've been using AHA+ nightly as a moisturizer and it works fantastic, I would suggest using moisturizer (with or without jojoba oil, depending on your needs) in the AM and AHA+ in the PM. Or reversed if you work night shift. I'm a big fan of the AHA+ cuz that's what helped my acne kick the bucket :)

LOL good thing this summer I've been inside, because I guess I got use to it without a problem. I've been using it only nightly so it's been good to me. Thanks everyone! if i want to use somthing daily, which has been a good moisturizer for everyone

I would give Dan's moisturizer a try.. When I was first on the Regimen I HATED it. Hated it hated it hated it so badly. But once my skin balanced itself out and I wasn't so dang dry (it got accustomed to the BP), Dan's moisturizer worked a ton better for me and now I really like it.

That stems from an experiment with a different moisturizer... I tried to use something else and it was just never moisturizing enough, no matter how much jojoba oil was added or how much I glopped on. That's when I learned - Dan's moisturizer is not perfect, but sometimes it's better than the alternatives... But that's just my case, it may be entirely different for you. Good luck on your moisturizer search - I suggest checking the forums dedicated to moisturizer/sunscreen and check the Reviews section as well.