Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

My Gosh..Im 31 and all my life wore some makup, my fave was Neutrgena..After gettin into HIGH end makeup I went crazy and Bought alot of MAC products and every name brand U can think of. Oh how I loved my MAC Studio Fix foundation, I didnt need heavy coverage but it made me look soo pretty. I took tons of pics of myself and told everyone how great their foundation was. I get an occansionl breakout during my period..But never ance prone..I wud always stick to just noxema and some cheap toner to remover as part as my daily facial cleansing, after I bought MAC, I figued Id get a pore Scrub by Olay. I wasnt removing the makup with wipes, jsut scrubbing it off, HARD..I didnt ever think ID break out, NOT ME..Well Months later I got cosmetic ance, alot of clogged pores..I banished my makup and went on an investigation for makup and facial cleansors that were ok for the skin. MAC is not one of the foundations u wana use, its full of CRAP! I even got some Cystic acne from all this.. Who goes from having CLEAR skin to having all these breakouts, I can see the clogged pores under my skin and now they are started to surface into whitheads which I can deal with but not the BIG Zits..I had 2 in the middle of my brows, and busted them after tryn to let them heal on their own for a month! I feel that crap needed to come out. I have most my acne on my chin and sides of my nose/cheek area...I got a very light cleansor from Neutregna and Proactive that I only use at night but only use their Face wash maybe 2 times a week cus it has scrubbing beads in it. I religiosly remove makup with wipes before I wash. Im actaually going to stop toning in the morning and just wash with a gentle cleansor and moitsurize. Ima give this to after my period and If im not gettin clear Im goin to the DERM for a peel or something, i dont know what he will suggest. I have a couple active areas the rest are all scars/healing acne and scabbing...Its soo emabarresing...Ima need a peel after all this to get my skin tone even and to get deep into all clogged pores (lil tiny flesh colored bumps DEEP under the skin) Im using Minerals and Tarte makup which are great..and dont irrate my skin. Also Loreal TRU match, Korres, CoverFX, and Estee Lauder are all brands that wont irrate ance, I changed my primer to silicone free ! Lorac Aqua primer is what I use cus silicone can be very irrating in high amounts, foundations are full of it too. I have dry skin and i dont like the BP 2.5% lotion too much cus of how dryin it can be, so I jsut to thin layer at night, but I hear it can CAUSE Ance..U will have to google it and see why, i jsut read all about it. I may go all natural with Maunka Honey as a face wash and jsut leave it at that, with a LIght Cetaphil moisturizer, LESS IS MORE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I made a thread couple of weeks ago about makeup and its relation to acne. From my own experience, I saw some improvements as I stopped using facial makeup, but I still get PREmenstrual breakouts. I guess it's different for everyone tho.

In addition to this, I think walking bareface would be hard to handle emotionally, but It's worth it.

You will not get a clear face, but your breakouts will reduce.

MAC foundation ALWAYS breaks me out horribly, which is a shame, because I love their coverage. I still have a bottle of it but I only use it for very special occasions. Funny, I used to be able to put WHATEVER I wanted on my face and I wouldn't have a reaction. Now my skin is fairly sensitive.

I think makeup can definitely play a role in breakouts. And dirty brushes, if you use those on your skin. Think of all the bacteria you are spreading around your face, and then having that bacteria SIT on your brush until you wipe it all over again!

I do notice my skin looks better when I go without makeup for a couple of days (only at home--you won't catch me dead leaving the house without foundation and concealer on) but I refuse to outright stop wearing it :)

A primer without silicone?? Hmm, I will most def be looking into that!! MAC is a bittersweet- it does give amazing,beautiful,coverage if you like covering up all the acne it gave to you. Everyone that I know says exactly the same thing-Love it. Hate it.

I agree 100% on the brushes. Wash them!! I have so many brushes in rotation- I'm very OCD about my makeup brushes.