Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Doozyjr

Regarding fast food chinese places and beer

So my skin is pretty much been under control for a few months. Last night it was a special occassion and I had couple beers and some Chinese restaurant food after a long time. This morning I woke up with a new painful acne on my cheeks, is that a coincidence or definitely related to what I ate and drank? It wasn't the healthiest of chinese stuff either, like general tsao chicken etc.

oh, beer used to break me out with these big painfull spots. no other food or drink gave me those

thats why i havent tried a beer for a looooong time.. i guess it is the yeast in the ale.

well yeah it was very quick.. mostly i didnt check myself straight away before going to bed, but once i cought one forming already just after 4 hours or so, in a place i am sure nothing was before.

but mostly in the morning i discovered them!! like i didnt have any new spots for a while and then just bam after some beers i have these monsters. im sure it was cuz of beer because i thought about it and then i tried some beers again and the same thing happened. so yeah im sure about that beer broke me out.

This is a sign that the underlying condition is not fixed, and what your currently eating that kept you "mostly under control" has not addressed, nor repaired the fundamental underlying problem.. so when you step outside it just slightly, acne occurs.

Most Asian food places cook their food in soybean/random vegetable oil. Except Thai cuisine, which seems more fond of sesame or peanut oils. Either way, they add substantial amounts to your omega-6 intake. Not to mention, they're probably using less-than-desirable meat and sauces. MSG is another health concern as well.

But don't sweat it, just continue eating and living healthy and get back on the wagon.