Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
BaileysFace

Makeup in the sunlight?

My makeup looks fine when I'm indoors, but when I go outside, it looks really gross. Like my powder shtuff makes the peach-fuzz on my face stand out even more and my foundation gets really oily after a few hours. I have a really red face and a lot of clogged pores EVERYWHERE. So annoying. I apply my foundation with a spongy thing and my powder with a brush. AHHH. I look horrible :(

What will make it look better?

It sounds like you may need a new regimen. Liquids with powder over the top tend to look cakey and settle weird, especially when covering blemishes. Mineral makeup can really be a life saver in this situation as it can cover very well but look very natural on the skin. Not all brands are created equal though, some add fillers that can add to the cakey weird appearance. I had to try several brands until I ended up with the natural brand I use now. I have always found that liquids on oily skin tend to slide, cake up and get weird.

My makeup looks fine when I'm indoors, but when I go outside, it looks really gross. Like my powder shtuff makes the peach-fuzz on my face stand out even more and my foundation gets really oily after a few hours. I have a really red face and a lot of clogged pores EVERYWHERE. So annoying. I apply my foundation with a spongy thing and my powder with a brush. AHHH. I look horrible :(

What will make it look better?

The dreaded peach fuzz. Everyone-I mean everyone has it! I woke up one day and noticed it all over my face. It is very normal. I'm laughing a little as I write this..I had my yearly with my lady doctor today and asked her this question. Is it normal to have hair like this on my face? Her answer was : "Yes, it's very normal for every woman to have to have some hair on her face" She did mention though if it starts to turn darker and coarser that is when you need to see a doctor for a hormonal testing.

Outdoor lighting sucks-'nuff said. I'm sure you are being way more harder on yourself than you should be! I look beautiful in dim lighting-candlelight if I have option! Haha.

I agree with @leighbrack- they (makeup) are not created the same! I as well use mineral makeuphttp://hellominerals.com/ and LOVE it. Makes me look flawless even in harsh daylight. I found too if you sweep your brush downward it will make any peach fuzz way less noticeable. If it truly bothers you shave it off. It's and old wives tale that it will grow back thicker and darker. If that were true-there would bald men all over the world shaving there bald heads right now!