Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
ocsurfz

how long does it take to actually get it?

im going to my derm on tuesday to ask for accutane he has already brought it up before but i didnt think my acne was bad enough until now so assuming my bloodwork is fine how lomg until i can actually get the medicine to take my first one?

If you're a guy from Canada, you can pop your first accutane pill the day of your derm appointment. If you're from the U.S or Europe, etc.. It can be a bit more complicated and you'l have to wait for test results to come in first.

So really it depends where you're from.

Edited by Jxr

well if you get your bloodwork done before you go to derm, and i guess you will, then you can get accutane straight away after your visit, at any pharmacy. well i had a problem getting tane thou because none of the pharmacys around my town (like 5-6) didnt have the one I needed(10mg) so I had to go the next day to a much bigger pharmacy in capital to get it so i dont have to order it to some pharmacy which would take a few days to arrive.

I have to do my bloodwork the same day as my derm appointment and they normally call me the next business day to give me the okay. Then all I have to do is bring my prescription in and depending on if the pharmacy has it ready or not, I can take the pill that day. It's pretty easy.