Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

Anyone ever found themself's trying to grow long hair?

Anyone ever found themself trying to grow long hair to hide their acne? I know i have. I use to like short hair but after i got acne, i hated it. It showed to much of my face, the ugly acne and i could'nt stand it. So, anyone else here the same way?

Edited by HiImMatt

I did a few years ago, I grew it so long and it was cool because my crazy hair really did detract attention from my acne, but after a little peer pressure (foolish I know) I decided to cut it down to a close shave lol big mistake. When I first cut my hair, my face was decent but as the days went on the acne (as it usually does) began to return with a vengeance and I realised why I grew my hair...I was too exposed and it made me very self-concisions. I'm in the process of re-growing my hair now, but atm short hair is annoying me :snooty:

I started growing my hair maybe three years after my skin got bad. I never gave any thought that I might be able to hide behind it or that it would take attention from my skin. I just grew it because I like the style and it fits the music I'm into a stuff like that.

People do compliment my hair sometimes and I don't suppose I would receive those compliments otherwise so that's nice. And I think my hair style has been pretty much the only part of me which looks just as I'd like or just as I intended, so there's confidence to be gained from that. If you find whatever works for you and you're happy with it, people probably notice that more than they would notice any skin problems.

I've never really attempted to hide behind it. I figure that if people were paying attention to my skin - even though I bet nobody pays anywhere near as much attention as I think they'd do - they'd probably pay more attention to me if I was walking around with my hair covering my face, so it would just end up having the opposite effect.

It might be a bit different because I'm a girl and hair is probably a different matter between genders (sometimes) but I feel like crap if my hair looks like crap. When I straighten my hair and it looks glossy and nice, I think about my skin less. And the longer it gets, the nicer it looks when I flat iron it. So I guess, yeah! I have tried to grow my hair out, because it makes me feel better overall. :D

I think people would notice you if you were running into street lights and tripping over dogs. "Whoops, storm drain, not agaaaaiiiinnnn..."

Yes.

I didn't really grow it out long to hide my acne, rather I have given up on trying to "look good." Kinda just feel like what's the point in going to get my hair done anymore anyways.