Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
FaceValues

What are your favorite teas?

Mint teas are usually my favorite, Earl Grey is another one because I really like the smell of bergamot.

I picked up some tea called Special Relaxing Tea yesterday at an asian store that smelled like fish and had lots of dried things in jars...

It has scullcap, catnip, peppermint, chamomile, strawberry leaf, and valerian root in it. So it's very anti-inflammatory but also makes me very relaxed. I noticed another tea by the same company, Triple Leaf Brand, called Sugar Balance. It contains astragalus, licorice, ginseng, rehmannia, anemarrhena and eucommia (for endocrine system) along with dong quai, red clover, peony, dandelion, and bupleurum (liver). Think I might pick it up.

Which teas are y'all out there liking these days?

Lol, why has no one replied to this?

I love peppermint tea! And I love most chais. I know peppermint is a good DHT-blocker and black teas can affect cortisol. Anything else?

Jasmine green tea is my absolute favorite in the whole world in terms of taste.

Chamomile is a close second and it reminds me of my grandmother, who would always drink it and apply it to her body if she ever had an ache or some swelling anywhere, so it has sentimental value as well. Very anti-inflammatory and a natural sedative so it's good to have before bed.

Edited by chunkylard

I've been drinking rooibos vanilla tea a lot lately. When I feel like treating myself, I like to make a acne friendly version of Thai Tea, which is strongly brewed roobios vanilla tea (other dark teas work as well), coconut milk, and ice once the ingredients are chilled. Stevia to taste. Need to mess around with the other ingredients like star anise until I can get the same flavor as the stuff they serve at restaurants, but without the lactose and insane amount of sugar. Getting pretty close!

Oh, and I've been loving my sencha green tea in the morning.

Jasmine smells so good! I'm definitely going to try your makeshift thai tea, Tim. I found a place near me that sells young/thai coconuts for $1.27 each! That's the closest I've gotten to getting fresh coconut milk, everything else is canned with some crazy preservative. Where do you get yours?

There's a farmer's market/co-op that's open on weekends, they have amazingly priced fruits and veggies! I just started making mine today actually, it's pretty good! I'm hoping I get better at extracting the flesh over time. Beforehand I used an organic coconut milk from my store, still have half the carton left, but it has some stuff like guar gum, etc. It doesn't break me out, but if I can make it myself, I'd prefer it that way!

Ugg, I bought some jasmine tea once and it was like drinking perfume.

Favorites are ginger and lemon spiked green teas, chamomile, rooibos.

Iced, I drink mint, the green tea, and hibiscus/jamaica all of which are used to make other iced drinks.

I'm pretty sure we've come across reasons why chamomile is beneficial for acne besides the fact that it's relaxing. And antioxident which is true of all teas.

Where you looking for brands? I buy bulk a lot, but if I were to buy in a supermarket it's Celestial Seasonings. And sometimes Stash for their ginger green tea. And Typhoo which I have only once in a while for a proper English cup of tea. I rarely have any milk around, so it's just on a rare cold day when I have some milk leftover from making yogurt. Or when visiting my sister and her Anglophile husband.