Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
awakeodin

Raise my eyebrows = forehead uncomfortable/dry/oily

My T zone is like an oil slick,

but it's really dry underneath.

When I raise my eyebrows really high, it kind of stings a bit... not painful, but really uncomfortable & dry.

Anyone else have this?

I assume it's really dehydrated skin.

My skin was never oily or acne prone before using products, so I've stopped using everything a few weeks ago (caveman).

Yeah it's most likely superdry skin. I had the same problem for a little while. Try washing the oil off and then using a really light moisturizer for a few weeks, that should take care of it. You don't have to do it forever, just until the dryness clears up..

Combination skin.

Use the Oil Cleansing Method to moisturize and bring your skin back into a homeostatic condition. Once you do that, then you can quit applying stuff to your skin and you won't have to worry about it much at all.

Have you tried cutting out soy and eating plenty of healthy fats and complete protein sources?

Combination skin.

Use the Oil Cleansing Method to moisturize and bring your skin back into a homeostatic condition. Once you do that, then you can quit applying stuff to your skin and you won't have to worry about it much at all.

Have you tried cutting out soy and eating plenty of healthy fats and complete protein sources?

Yeah : )

I've got the same thing going on as you - Dairy, gluton/wheat, and soy free.

I would think my skin would eventually recover it's natural moisture on its own? It might take a few months, or possibly several, but I'm sure it will happen.

I think moisturizing might only be a temporary solution, and would help only as long as I apply the moisturizer.

I'm taking brown rice protein powder, started taking 2 doses of high concentrate quality liquid fish oil (1700EHA/800DHA x2 per day) at the request of my naturopath, and try to get a good amount of olive oil inside me every day.

The oil cleansing method works for a good portion, but it ends up giving many clogs and bumps over their faces, and sometimes even cysts. It might also only help dehydration as long as I continue to use it.

I guess I'lll continue to drink much water, not stay in the sun too long (dry's face), and trust that this will work in the coming months. It might take a lot longer than adding my own external moisture, but it will be worth it to be free of products and routines.

As soon as I cut out soy, my oily skin went away. A little too much honestly. I sort of miss my natural moisturizer but I don't miss the acne.

I don't recommend moisturizing for the sake of moisturizing. It's better to bring your body into homeostasis than to fix symptoms and the OCM may help you do that.

I wouldn't recommend eating TOO much olive oil because of the high omega-6 content. It's not something you want to avoid completely because olive oil does have plenty of benefits but it's something to be wary of.

Do you wear makeup? Some products that contain fragrance or eucalyptus oil may be drying.

Be sure to get enough fats, vitamin C and E, sulfur from veggies and protein in your diet. These will help your skin to regulate itself. Don't worry too much, these things really do take time and eventually even out.

I know it's not OCM, but I use sea buckthorn oil (mix of the berry and seed oil) mixed with watermelon oil at night, my PIH/PIE is fading much faster than any other topical I've used, and my skin always looks soft and dewy in the morning. If I ever do spot treat, it's with TTO mixed in with the watermelon and sea buckthorn. I have other oils, but I don't use them as much.

Guest Timehealsall
Combination skin.

Yeah : )

I've got the same thing going on as you - Dairy, gluton/wheat, and soy free.

I would think my skin would eventually recover it's natural moisture on its own? It might take a few months, or possibly several, but I'm sure it will happen.

I think moisturizing might only be a temporary solution, and would help only as long as I apply the moisturizer.

I'm taking brown rice protein powder, started taking 2 doses of high concentrate quality liquid fish oil (1700EHA/800DHA x2 per day) at the request of my naturopath, and try to get a good amount of olive oil inside me every day.

The oil cleansing method works for a good portion, but it ends up giving many clogs and bumps over their faces, and sometimes even cysts. It might also only help dehydration as long as I continue to use it.

I guess I'lll continue to drink much water, not stay in the sun too long (dry's face), and trust that this will work in the coming months. It might take a lot longer than adding my own external moisture, but it will be worth it to be free of products and routines.

which naturopath do you see in california (f you live in cali)