Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Karianna

ATTENTION!!

I am just here to warn newbies with skin problems. BE VERY careful when dealing with your skin. As you know many people have gotten new scars, and made their scars deeper using various methods of treatment, these treatments include glycolic acid, salycylic acid, deep peels, dermabrasion, etc. if I have learned anything it's that natural is the way to go. Heal your skin with all natural products, and be careful. products can also cause harsh rashes, new acne, etc.be careful!! just want to warn people..........give your skin a chance to breathe and heal itself.

In your experience, what has made your skin worse? Is the Dermasilk 5 minute lift still working well? In your opinion, for a mixture of mild to moderate rolling and boxcar scars, two icepicks and open pores, which treatments are the kindest in terms of preventing further scars from surfacing?

Edited by senna2

In your experience, what has made your skin worse? Is the Dermasilk 5 minute lift still working well? In your opinion, for a mixture of mild to moderate rolling and boxcar scars, two icepicks and open pores, which treatments are the kindest in terms of preventing further scars from surfacing?

I'm actually thinking the five minute lift is too risky I don't use it anymore bc of the glycolic acid. things that have made my skin worse in the past were over exfoliation and benzoyl peroxide. It's good to exfoliate to help skin renew itself but really bad if you over do it.

I'd say everytime you do exfoliate apply aloe vera gel (which is a natural skin healer and heals damaged skin) over the scarred area, only use real aloe gel. no artificial stuff. Also drinking lots of water can do wonders for your skin, your skin was made in such a way it needs to be hydrated to be healthy and heal. so lots of water and aloe vera are great for skin in many ways. ive found avacado and oatmeal vitamin e face mask to help a lot with the look of the scars and it is risk free and natural too. also taking lots of vitamins so yourskin can be stronger and more resilient will work. exersicing regularly is also helpful so you get more oxygen to your skin which is essential for healing..

all in all if you do all the things I mentioned and keep it up religiously your skin will improve a lot, it takes time though. but this is the real way to really treat your skin like the delicate living organism it is. there are no miracle one minute cures or surgerys those endup more as nightmares. treat your skin as you would a child.

would you pour acids or peroxides on a child?? if not then dont put salyclic acid or peroxide on your skin!!!

what you need is a life style change.

nurture your skin, really put the time in and you will see results.

also, don't exfoliate more than once a week.

and after exfoliation immediately apply vitamin e or aloe vera gel to the skin,, freshly exfoliated skin will take better to what you put on it. good luck............

Thanks for the detailed response, really appreciate it. After you reccommended the collagen filler I went and purchased it and I can see a cosmetic improvement.

I will definitely take your advice on board (though some tips like exercise and water I already commit to) because I much prefer using natural ingredients where possible. But the Dermasilk excited me so much that I might go for it and just do a test area on a part of my face always hidden by my hair.

Big thanks.

Guest Timehealsall

what about using something like clarisonic pro skin cleansing brush?

Thanks for the detailed response, really appreciate it. After you reccommended the collagen filler I went and purchased it and I can see a cosmetic improvement.

I will definitely take your advice on board (though some tips like exercise and water I already commit to) because I much prefer using natural ingredients where possible. But the Dermasilk excited me so much that I might go for it and just do a test area on a part of my face always hidden by my hair.

Big thanks.

Oh wow. I'm really happy to have helped you out. It's what makes me happy to help others. And about the five minute face lift, I think that you could actually make your own five minute face lift and not risk it. Well see the reason is it is going to be chemically exfoliating the skin so at first it may make your scars more noticeable bc its not a light exfoliation its a little much at once. I would recommend keep on using the collagen filler, then maybe go for some of those expensive collagen wrinkle fillers in the smaller tubes for like spot treatment of wrinkles, and also follow the rest of the tips I gave and you will be getting all the benefits of the lift and without the risk. you know the avacado mask I mentioned also gives your skin a lift and really can shrink pore size and make your pitted scars and line scars appear smaller.

what about using something like clarisonic pro skin cleansing brush?

well that would be a deep exfoliation and might make scars appear worse cosmetically for some time.. if you do use it I would apply a collagen cream immediately after.

Big thanks.

By no means am I saying don't use the five minute face lift though. with continue use it could be very beneficial to the skin. If I were you I would use it only once or twice a week though, three times a week maximum so you are still healing and renewing skin but not shedding old skin at such a fast rate you see a decline in cosmetic appearance.