Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
wag18

Fish Oil Capsules per day?

Going to try out fish oil tablets to see the effect it has on my skin,

just wondering how much you are supposed to have a day in mg?

Thanks

It's more so dependent on your overall 3:6 ratio (if you're getting more omega-6s, you need to balance it back out by getting more 3s,) but you really do want to be getting, on average, at least several hundred mg of EPA/DHA. a few times a week.

If you're doing everything right, you won't need to worry that much about your Omega-3s and 6s. Just remember, you don't only want to be getting EPA/DHA from fish oil. You want some ALA as well from fresh cruciferous veggies and herbs.

I take it in liquid form, about 1700EPA/800DHA, you can get it all in 1 teaspoon per day, 2 months supply.

(Nordic Naturals makes a good one "Ultimate Omega Liquid", I think mine "Cyto-Matrix" is only available in Canada)

Nicely explained Chunky :)

If you haven't picked one yet, the best bang for the buck I've found is Kirkland's signature fish oil (forget the name, but it's something like that). 1.3 grams of fish oil that's molecularly distilled to get all the bad stuff out, you get roughly 400 mg of EPA and 200 of DHA, and it passed Consumer Labs testing in terms of quality, not being rancid, having the NV that it listed, and best of all it's about 20 bucks for 180 capsules! There's a bunch of good brands out there, but that's my favorite currently.