Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Gutterflower

(Ro)Accutane in Australia

Hey guys...

Sorry for starting another thread so shortly after my last one. I'm just finding it difficult to find information on Roaccutane in Australia. I know that different countries have different processes when it comes to Accutane. Apparently Australia doesn't have an iPLEDGE program.

Can any girls in Australia who are on Roaccutane or have been on it in the past tell me the process? I don't know if I should go to my doctor and get birth control now, whether I actually need to be on birth control as a prerequisite to taking Roaccutane... I just want somebody's first-hand experience here, because I'm really only seeing experiences from folk from the UK and USA. I have my dermatologist appointment in around 10 days, and I just want to know what I should expect, or if there's anything I can do to help the process along.

Thanks in advance... :)

Hi :-) Im from Australia and got put on roaccutane about 2 weeks ago. He briefly asked if I was on birth control and I told him I was and that was that.

When he did my bloods though he did put in a pregnancy test too, but told me to start taking it the day after I had my bloods done.

I think they put some sort of trust in you also, because he did make me read through the risks etc, and also gave me a big pack with a booklet and heaps of mousturisers and lip balms too!

Hope that helped a little :D

Hi :-) Im from Australia and got put on roaccutane about 2 weeks ago. He briefly asked if I was on birth control and I told him I was and that was that.

When he did my bloods though he did put in a pregnancy test too, but told me to start taking it the day after I had my bloods done.

I think they put some sort of trust in you also, because he did make me read through the risks etc, and also gave me a big pack with a booklet and heaps of mousturisers and lip balms too!

Hope that helped a little :D

It helps a lot, thank you! :D Did you have to discuss the things you'd tried beforehand, or was he just happy to give you Roaccutane without a lot of fuss? I'm nervous about my appointment. :doh: I don't want to be fobbed off and given some other thing to try.