Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hey guys, I bought the acne.org products about a month ago, and although my skin generally improved, something was making me breakout...Im about 95% sure its the moisturiser, anyone had similar experiences??

Anyways, Im waiting for a delivery inc. AHA+. and my planned routine is this:

Morning: Cleanse only, Acne.org cleanser

Evening: Cleanse. Acne.org Cleanser

Treat, Acne.org BP

Moisturise/Exfoliate, Acne.org AHA+

Do people think this will work?? I dont like to treat in the morning as being a guy it seems unnatural to me haha, plus i rarely have time before uni...

Any advice is much appreciated, I would say I have mild-moderate acne, with most of them just not clearing, and until I began using this moisturiser not many new ones...please help, I feel I m on the right track!!

Cheers,

Ryan

hey Cocobo, will you please post here what you told him in PM? i'd like to know your answer to his question...

also, i have a question of my own: if i do the regimen and add AHA to it, should i apply AHA after applying the regimen's moisturizer, and if so how long should i wait before applying AHA? or should AHA just replace the regimen's moisturizer?

thanks! :)

n7u, hopefully I can help with the AHA+ question. When I started using the AHA+ i used it at night about 3 times per week and I mixed Dan's moisturiser in with it. I then started building up to using it every night and now I mainly just apply it on its own as moisturiser, sometimes with a bit of Jojoba oil added if I'm feeling a little dry.

I've been following the regimen for around 9 months though and I find that the AHA+ is plently moisturising by itself. When I was in the early stages of the regimen (after 5 weeks) I definitely had to mix it with moisturiser as it just wasnt moisturising enough when my skin was dry and flaky while still getting accustomed to the BP.

Hope this helps.

ok thank you for your reply, AyeAye. i'm thinking about starting AHA after around 5 weeks into the regimen as a replacement to the regimen's moisturizer a couple nights per week. maybe upping my AHA usage in time, we'll see.

i will be keeping your suggestions in mind. thanks!

Edited by n7u

Your plan sounds really good, however AHA straight away with BP might be a bit harsh for you, try it without BP for a couple nights first. Don't go overboard with it too! although it's the same base as the moisturizer, you can't use as much, and don't forget, it's the same stuff as the moisturizer just with different stuff to make the aha part, if you get me haha, if the acne.org moisturizer so does break you out, the aha might not help, but, you never know!

Good luck!

Are you sure it's the moisturizer? The Regimen moisturizer is non comedognic, and I've researched the licorice extract in it. It is definitely acne-friendly, acts an anti-inflammatory (which is GOOD for acne), and some studies even claim it's anti-bacterial, which would be a plus for acne.

My skin actually looks better since I started using it. It could be a coincidence or other reason you are breaking out. I'd hate for folks to start thinking this moisturizer causes acne.

I'm not 100% sure its the moisturiser, but whenever I use it my acne gets worse, or at least looks worse...

Update: I tried regimen twice a day, for over a month, it absolutely wrecked my skin, now worse than I ve ever been, and desperately trying to reverse it haha...so back to once a day, experimenting with moisturiser and aha, but neither working atm :/ Im struggling, any ideas anyone?