Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rareform

Rareform's accutane log

So I've been on benzaclin, differin xp and minocycline for 4-5 months, My face has gotten 80% better.. only about one or two pimples a week, but there is still a lot of red marks, redness and greasy skin. My back / chest is still pretty broken out, I havn't noticed a difference since I started on the antibiotics. My derm is putting me on 20mg for two weeks, then 40mg for two more weeks, then we're going to decide what to do. I start tomorrow, and i'll post before pics probably later tonight. I'm really nervous about an IB, and I'm prone to flakey / dry skin when it starts to get cold, so I'm hoping for the best. Wish me luck :D

Whoops.. I got really busy and never updated this.. I'm on Day 8.. and my skin hasn't really changed.. I've noticed a few more breakouts than normal.. and my skin has been extremely oily. I've had a swore wrist all week. not sure if it's from the accutane. I hope to see some kind of change this week so I know its working.

I'll post pictures sometime soon.

Do you moisturize? I found out that moisturize keeps my face from being really oily.

a few more days and you should see your oil production go down a bit. good luck!

Try Aveeno Daily Moisturizing Lotion ( the one for your body ) it's really good, the only moisturizer that works for me. It abosrbs really fast and it lasts all day, and it doesn't make you all shiny. Before I use this other one that would actually gave me acne and more oily. You should moisturize, especially since your on accutane haha

DAY 9

skin is starting to feel dry, but only really after I shower. My lips were also dry today. Skin is a little bit less oily. No new breakouts