Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Pord

Emu Oil - What do you use?

Oi!

I was just wondering which brand of emu oil is the best. I know that "the best" doesn't exist (opinions are different) I have been reading some of the reviews, but I can't seem to find any brand names. :/

Where do you guys/girls get the emu oil that you use? Any recommendations?

Thanks so much!

Edited by Pord

I bought mine from Skin Biology. But that was years ago. The shipping was great as I remember and the products nice. I'd buy from there again if I were in the market for emu oil.

I bought mine from Skin Biology. But that was years ago. The shipping was great as I remember and the products nice. I'd buy from there again if I were in the market for emu oil.

Thanks for the reply Wynne. Do you feel that it helped with acne scars?

I can't say it did; the TCA CROSS did. I don't remember if I waited after using the TCA CROSS before applying emu; I think I used polysporin at first.

QUOTE (Pord @ Sep 15 2011, 08:24 PM)

QUOTE (Wynne @ Sep 15 2011, 06:09 PM)

I can't say it did; the TCA CROSS did. I don't remember if I waited after using the TCA CROSS before applying emu; I think I used polysporin at first.

Did you use the polysporin for scars Wynne?

No, I used it on the places I treated with 100% TCA to protect them. Only until the scabs formed, then I used nothing while I had the scabs.

No, I used it on the places I treated with 100% TCA to protect them. Only until the scabs formed, then I used nothing while I had the scabs.

Alright, thanks for the prompt response.

Wynne, please don't be upset with me . . . but I would like to call your attention to a topic of mine to hear your opinion since you almost always seem to know what you are talking about.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/index.php/topic/303711-scar-tissue-that-i-wish-you-saw-new-photos/

I would send this in a PM, but I know that you are not a big fan of those.

Thanks.

Everybody needs to bookmark Quackwatch.org and go there as soon as you hear of a miracle product. Take a look at the quote at the bottom of my posts from "The Road to Wellville". "Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!" People will buy the hype before listening to medical evidence. We had one of these Quack distributors come into town and he was expanding like crazy until the quackery caught up with him and he went bankrupt, all within one year.

http://www.quackwatc...pics/emuoil.pdf

Edited by DudleyDoRight

Everybody needs to bookmark Quackwatch.org and go there as soon as you hear of a miracle product. Take a look at the quote at the bottom of my posts from "The Road to Wellville". "Health! The 'open sesame' to the sucker's purse!" People will buy the hype before listening to medical evidence. We had one of these Quack distributors come into town and he was expanding like crazy until the quackery caught up with him and he went bankrupt, all within one year.

http://www.quackwatc...pics/emuoil.pdf

The only reason that I started to use emu oil is that I heard it is a carrier oil. It is supposed to help Retin-A and things like that penetrate deeper. I am not sure how true that is, that is just what I was told.

I use the Ultra Clear emu oil - it dries faster and i dont feel as greasy. i read that it penetrates faster if you use the clear because the creamy part is removed? I get mine from platinum skin care, skin biology or lurebeauty - depending on who is having a sale, they are all good. lurebeauty has a coupon right now for 25% off - I cant remember the code though it may be on their site.

Does anyone use the emu oil over top of spot treatments or will that cause problems?

I use the Ultra Clear emu oil - it dries faster and i dont feel as greasy. i read that it penetrates faster if you use the clear because the creamy part is removed? I get mine from platinum skin care, skin biology or lurebeauty - depending on who is having a sale, they are all good. lurebeauty has a coupon right now for 25% off - I cant remember the code though it may be on their site.

Does anyone use the emu oil over top of spot treatments or will that cause problems?

Cmon man dont be wasting your money on Emu Oil just because its a "natural product"

get help from the a professional who majors in your issue whether is be a dermatologist or a surgeon

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ________

. . . . . .. . . . . . . . . . . ,.-‘”. . . . . . . . . .``~.,

. . . . . . . .. . . . . .,.-”. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .“-.,

. . . . .. . . . . . ..,/. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ”:,

. . . . . . . .. .,?. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\,

. . . . . . . . . /. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,}

. . . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`^`.}

. . . . . . . ./. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:”. . . ./

. . . . . . .?. . . __. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . :`. . . ./

. . . . . . . /__.(. . .“~-,_. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ,:`. . . .. ./

. . . . . . /(_. . ”~,_. . . ..“~,_. . . . . . . . . .,:`. . . . _/

. . . .. .{.._$;_. . .”=,_. . . .“-,_. . . ,.-~-,}, .~”; /. .. .}

. . .. . .((. . .*~_. . . .”=-._. . .“;,,./`. . /” . . . ./. .. ../

. . . .. . .\`~,. . ..“~.,. . . . . . . . . ..`. . .}. . . . . . ../

. . . . . .(. ..`=-,,. . . .`. . . . . . . . . . . ..(. . . ;_,,-”

. . . . . ../.`~,. . ..`-.. . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..\. . /\

. . . . . . \`~.*-,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . ..|,./.....\,__

,,_. . . . . }.>-._\. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .|. . . . . . ..`=~-,

. .. `=~-,_\_. . . `\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . .`=~-,,.\,. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .\

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . `:,, . . . . . . . . . . . . . `\. . . . . . ..__

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . .`=-,. . . . . . . . . .,%`>--==``

. . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . . _\. . . . . ._,-%. . . ..`\