Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
porkchop101

My log on the Acne.org regimen

So here's a little bit of history about my skin. I first noticed pimples around age 14, but they were a handful at a time and localized to my forehead. At this point I wasn't very bothered, just thought it was a part of puberty. When I turned 15 my 'handful of pimples' turned to full blown acne and steered me towards a dermatologist. I was prescribed tetracycline, and after some months of this and a trip to Cuba my skin was clear again. It stayed that way with the occasional pimple until I was 17, where again my skin started breaking out.

It was manageable until first year university, where it turned again to full blown acne. After finding this website I tried my own version of the regimen which regulated my acne back to manageable. This is where I find myself today, pockets of good, of great, of okay, and sometimes of terrible skin. For the duration of my struggle I have also tried countless creams, chemical peels and homemade remedies.

I should mention that the months prior to this day my regimen has been: a gentle cleanser, 5% BP, followed by a mild moisturizer. I have not been as conscientious as I could've been however. And I have rather bad habits when I sleep at my boyfriend's house so I'm keen to see the results I'll have when I actually apply myself. I'm also curious to see if I will have the reaction to BP, since I've been using BP these last couple months, and also whether I'll have the purging everyone reports.

Two days ago I ordered the exact kit from this website, and here goes the beginning of my log:

This morning I applied the kit as directed, and found slight tightness a half hour afterwards but otherwise I see no irritation. After putting on the BP however, I did immediately see a slight calming of the existing hyper pigmentation.

Here are the Day 1 pictures:

post-158003-1316032817_thumb.jpg

post-158003-1316032824_thumb.jpg

Let me know if the photos are visible!

post-158003-1316032817_thumb.jpg

post-158003-1316032824_thumb.jpg

I'm really looking forward to seeing your progress with the regimen seeing as how your acne looks a lot like mine! Unfortunately, I won't be able to start the regimen for another 7 months because I'm going to Europe to teach English and I don't want to spend a ridiculous amount of money on shipping costs.

When you say that you bought the exact kit, do you mean Dan's cleanser, BP, and moisturizer?

Okay, very weird... I have posted two things since my original, yet they are not here. So I will remember what I wrote to the best of my ability, also adding in my current status.

Je87nn, that's awesome that you're headed to Europe though, where exactly are you staying? And yes, I bought Dan's cleanser, BP and moisturizer.

2 Weeks In

So after a few days on the regimen I broke out. I wasn't expecting a purge so early but I'd rather it be sooner than later anyway. My skin was dry, flaky and red for about five days. The redness was localized around my mouth and nowhere else. It was the first reaction to disappear, next was the flakiness. I still have the odd flaking here and there, but the dryness and all over flakiness has ceased to be a problem. Any subsequent pimple I've gotten since the initial purge has healed within 24 hrs, but unfortunately my red marks have barely faded. So my status now is normal skin with red marks and the occasional pimple. The pimple's are more like small whiteheads and they leave no mark after healing. It is also very easy to determine why I get the occasional pimple now, it will always be in a place I either: picked, slept on, or aggressively rubbed flakes away. I am happy, but the red marks are definitely a pain.

post-158003-0-55103500-1317239273_thumb.

post-158003-0-67909500-1317239280_thumb.

post-158003-0-55103500-1317239273_thumb.

post-158003-0-67909500-1317239280_thumb.

Week 3

Alright, third week in and I'm doing okay. I wake up every morning to a new white head, it pops and disappears within hours leaving the slightest red mark. My hyperpigmentation is very much an issue still, as well as the occasional pimple. The pimples do heal rather rapidly though, so my biggest concern remains the PIH. In the last week I have adjusted my regimen slightly - it is now as follows:

Wake up and cleanse face with the Acne.org cleanser

Apply mask of egg whites and lemon juice, allow to sit until completely dried

Wash off face with warm water and apply Acne.org BP

When dried, apply Acne.org moisturizer

The mask is extremely beneficial, I feel it has faded or at least calmed my red marks and it grants the rest of my skin an UNREAL glow. Putting makeup on is much easier, and covering the red marks is decidedly simple. My boyfriend commented how much clearer my skin looked and it was simply the mask bringing out the best and allowing the makeup to sit very nicely. Most days I am happy and optimistic, but I'll have the occasional day where I'll convince myself I've plateaued, and that my skin isn't going to get any better. It is a rough struggle isn't it my friends? It's hard seeing people that don't even wash their face having perfect skin. I'm supposed to be writing an assignment right now, so I'll try and get back to that, just thought I'd update for anyone reading. I will post pictures soon, I have makeup on now and that would be a total inaccurate representation since makeup helps a lot. Have a great day guys!

Okay so it's week, what - 6 now?

Week 6

No new pimples in quite a while. I ordered jojoba oil to supplement my regimen around week four and now the flakes are finally at bay. My regimen has changed slightly again, it is now as follows:

In the morning:

100mg Zinc, 50mg of Chromium

Cleanse skin with Acne.org cleanser

Apply treatment (still Acne.org), wait until fully dry

Apply moisturizer (also Acne.org, with 3-4 jojoba drops mixed in)

In the evening I take fish oil instead and repeat the regimen.

I am extremely pleased and relieved to find that I no longer wake up with pimples. That alone is an amazing, wonderful, freeing feeling. As always however, the red marks are lingering. But with no new pimples, I can finally consider some more drastic approaches to ridding myself of the marks. Thus far I've been considering at home TCA peels. I am thinking I will spot treat on the worst marks for now considering I don't want to hide so long while I wait for the skin to peel. I am determined to try at least 1-2 peels before posting new pictures so that the results the regimen has given me will be more obvious (red marks looks just like pimples to my camera).

To underline the most fantastic transition I have seen in my skin: incredible texture and glow from the unmarked parts, and overall free of ANY active pimples.

I don't recall what week it is, only the the routine is so much a part of my daily life that I don't even notice it anymore! Same status, red marks fading and new pimples are very seldom and generally around the time of my period. I thought I'd post pictures for anyone still reading...

post-158003-0-24611300-1321512007_thumb.

post-158003-0-48504500-1321512019_thumb.

post-158003-0-24611300-1321512007_thumb.

post-158003-0-48504500-1321512019_thumb.

I have felt like sharing this for about two weeks now, so here it is. I have gotten a few pimples in the last two weeks and found something that drastically reduced the red marks from those. I squeezed lemon into a bowl, and a cooled seeping Green Tea teabag. Then I got a paint brush and dipped it in, slowly painting the concoction onto the red marks in circles. The freshest marks were better almost instantly - while the older ones have slowly been lessening. The freshest were gone the next day - albeit, they were quite fresh. Just thought I'd share!

Thank you jjballer! I am very pleased to report my progress as I have found great success in green tea! I know this isn't anything new, and I have obviously used it in the past but not to this extent. I have begun doing DYI green tea masks, straight from the tea bags themselves. I leave it on for five minutes every night, and I've seen dramatic improvement in my red marks.

post-158003-0-72429500-1325480209.jpeg

post-158003-0-41054700-1325480218.jpeg

post-158003-0-72429500-1325480209.jpeg

post-158003-0-41054700-1325480218.jpeg

Holy crap your skin looks so awesome :) hope to get same results!

On the regimen day 10.

First week was amazing week 2 horrible i have such a big zit on my cheek and i am so embarrassed.

Hey could you like add me as a friend and tell me why you took the zinc Pills and how you got rid of the pigmentation?

if you dont mind

Hey porkchop 101... how is your progress? I'm starting the regimen over after a long long hiatus and love looking at success stories :)

sagarpatel, Thank you so much - it is amazing to hear that. I started taking the zinc because I read a post on here about the benefit of adding it to your regimen. I am very thankful I have because I feel it helps a lot with inflammation and the like. I also take 3 fish oil capsules and 1 chromium in addition to the zinc. As for the pigmentation, it's still there just loads better. I was doing the green tea mask everyday which I believe aided in the healing of the marks, but this past week I went on vacation to Cuba and got super tanned. I've heard horror stories about exposing red marks to the sun (making them darker and last longer), but being on vacation I just didn't have the stomach to do a strict regime.

While away I only got one single pimple, despite having modified my regimen to include only BP at night, and found the overwhelming change in my skin from doing that to have been well worth it. So much so, that upon returning I have kept the modification and now only apply BP at night. My skin no longer flakes, it is glowing and healthy looking and I am very very very happy!

I would love to be your friend, and good luck - all I can say is it is a long road but keep your chin up!

nycqueen, I am absolutely flattered you think of me as a success story. It is still quite a struggle for me but hearing that others notice my progress reminds me to re-evaluate how far I've come. Progress is continual but gradual - a lot of the time I freak myself out and consider that my skin is stuck at this stage forever. But it is so utterly important to have hope and keep up treatment, not to sound naive or overly optimistic - but a good attitude is instrumental.

In Cuba there was this wishing tree where you walk around the trunk three times and make a wish. I'm sure anyone reading could guess what I wished for ... But aside from indulging in that, I realized that even though bad skin is always going to be my schtick, it doesn't have to rule my world. Not wearing a stitch of makeup in Cuba and still feeling completely confident was WONDERFUL. For me, makeup is a necessity day in, day out back home.

But it is all about your attitude!