Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
rhg

Acne while on Accutane

Quick question. I am now almost completely done with my thrid month of accutane (I only have 5 pills left before my appointment with my derm). However, I have just recently began breaking out. The interesting thing is that it's not like I use to breakout. I'm not getting whiteheads or balckheads. Instead, I am getting raised, flesh-colored pumps near by nose and cheeks. Is this normal? Has anyone else expereinced it? It's not the end of the world but I do want them to go away. I was getting so use to clear skin =(

All advice/help would be appreciated. Thanks!

Edited by rhg

I'm on 40mg a month for moderate severe acne (large whiteheads and a face full of blackheads). I have had acne since age 12 and have done everything possible to stop it before turning to accutane. I think I've figured out the problem though. I think they are just blackheads that have come to the surface. Does that happen without them forming a whitehead? I've actually never had this happen before? Also, bad idea to pop them at this stage right?

Get yourself good moisturizer.. too dry skin can also cause this type of problems. I know, I learned it the hard way. You need a good moisturizer to make accutane worth it.

I broke out off and on through out my course up until my last pill.... Those are still healing up, but haven't had any actives since. It's been 2 weeks....Good Luck, It's a roller coaster!