Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
dmb41

Mobile Theme

Any chance of enabling a mobile theme for the boards? I view the forums alot from my HTC phone and a mobile theme would make it a lot smoother.

Thoughts?

I seem to be stuck in the mobile theme on my laptop. Click the Change Theme button at the bottom of the screen but the options to change don't appear. Same happens on my phone. Logged out, cleared cookies, etc., but it's still stuck in Mobile. Anyone know how to get back to the regular board or know how to get the Change Theme button to work when in Mobile? Thanks.

Already tried it and for some reason it's telling me I "don't have permission to use this feature". No idea why because that used to work fine. :shrug:

That's weird... I just checked and got the same error. I tried on another browser, where I wasn't logged in, that worked. So try logging off, change the theme and see if it works (and if it's still there after logging in again).

I used my iPhone for a while, and now my android, still this problem persists. It should give a choice of having Desktop and Mobile Versions. You can't view many features using Mobile.

Tried it several times. Log out and it goes back to the regular theme and every page seems to open that way with the regular theme ticked. Change that to mobile and it just doesn't give the option to go back. Cleared the cache so that I was logged out and everything defaulted back to the regular view, then logged in and it still defaulted to mobile. It's never been a problem before, could just switch from one to the other. Now when you're in mobile, the option to switch back doesn't doesn't come up when you click change theme. :think:

I used my iPhone for a while, and now my android, still this problem persists. It should give a choice of having Desktop and Mobile Versions. You can't view many features using Mobile.

True, especially the options to manage your own profile are missing.

Paul, I've also tried logging in, changing the theme, clearing the cache and everything. It won't let you change the theme back to the default. I guess the setting is stored on your profile, and that's why clearing the cache/removing cookies etc. doesn't help. That's probably the reason that the link (to go back to the default theme) works fine if you're not logged in. Time to let Admin have a look at it, I'll send them a message.

Hello,

Please check mobile theme again.

To get back to the full version there is the link at the bottom of mobile template.

Thanks, Seva! Works fine now.

eta: clicking the "Full Version" button changes the theme, but doesn't store it. Next time you log in, the theme will be back to "Mobile". Here's how to fix it: after you've clicked "Full Version", click "Change Theme", then click "IP.Board" (even though it is already checked). Wait for the page to reload.

Thanks Seva. The change theme button wouldn't work before but the full version button works fine. :)