Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Cherries

Could this Self tan be safe for Acne prone skin?

Hey guys, I've been looking for a self tanner for ages now, but waited til i got myskin fully cleared up

Years ago when I came off accutane I used Xen tan, had no problems, but I got fed up of applying it, then year or so later my acne came back (tha'ts when I got on the Acne.org regmine) :)

I found out the tanner I use to use contained Caprylic/Capric Triglycerides, which is a form of coconut oil, and it was 2nd on the ingredent list after the water LOL, so i'd say that's really high and fairly cosmedgenic, don't wanna take the risk of it clogging because before it may of not reacted jus' because I was fresh of the accutane and it kept it under control. annyywayy :P

Xen tan do a oil free mousse formula.. here are the ingredents

Water (Aqua), Dihydroxyacetone, Glycerine, Propylene Glycol, Aloe Barbadensis Leaf Juice, Ginkgo Biloba Extract, Camellia Sinensis (Green Tea) Leaf Extract, Silybum Marianum (Milk Thistle) Extract, Xanthan Gum, Sodium Laureth Sulfate, DMDM Hydantoin, Sodium Metabisulfite, Lactic Acid, Fragrance (Parfum), Octadecyl Di-t-butyl-4-hydroxyhy-drocinnamate, Carmel, Yellow 10, Blue 1, Red 40.

This one seems Aloe based, and I can't really see anything in there that pore clogging.

I've also found one be He-shi I think alot of people will be interested in, it barely has ANY ingredents at all! and it's a liquid not a mousse

heres the list

Aqua (Deinonized Water), Dihydroxyacetone, Glycerin, Polysorbate 20, DMDM Hydantoin, Disodium EDTA, Parfum (Fragrance), Cl 16035 (FD & C Red No 40), Cl 19140 (FD & C Yellow No 5), Cl 42090 (FD & C Blue No 1).

I mainly want a fake tan because my skins fairly pale and uneven, and when you have the typical english rose, complexion your skin just seems to look even redder! I miss that glow, but i don't want to use one if it's going to make my skin worse!

how do these look to you guys ingredents wise, which one would you pick?

thanks guys take care x

Xen Tan has sodium laureth sulfate which is known to cause breakouts and is a soap based product. I wouldn't use it. Is it possible to fake tan your body and just use darker foundation on your face. I would be hesitant to use these chemicals on my face especially being acne prone. Fragrance can also be very irritating to acne, this is just my opinion I would just use a darker foundation.