Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
no_hope

Best option for me?

Hi eveyrone. I have been on this forum since 08. I have been following alot of stories and did a ton of research. My goal in life is to win this battle over these pitted monstaers that have beeen ruinign my life litteraly! I am suffering greatly from these scars. This pic was taken almost a year ago and my scarring only got worst.....I am emotinally and mentallly suffering greatly .Can some one please point me in the right direction to treat my pitted scarring, I am looking for filler advice for my scarring as i feel it would be a good option. also some dermal grafting/ scalpel exision/ punch elevation advice would be great.

plz and thank you.

post-150609-1315969397_thumb.jpg

post-150609-1315969397_thumb.jpg

Edited by no_hope

Hi eveyrone. I have been on this forum since 08. I have been following alot of stories and did a ton of research. My goal in life is to win this battle over these pitted monstaers that have beeen ruinign my life litteraly! I am suffering greatly from these scars. This pic was taken almost a year ago and my scarring only got worst.....I am emotinally and mentallly suffering greatly .Can some one please point me in the right direction to treat my pitted scarring, I am looking for filler advice for my scarring as i feel it would be a good option. also some dermal grafting/ scalpel exision/ punch elevation advice would be great.

plz and thank you.

Hey dudley. Its hard to say since EVERY single case is different and unique in its own way.For my case i belive fillers,scalpel exiscion, dermal grafting and punch elevation are the only CURRENT options for me. From what i read from your posts/topics your big on lasers as for me im anti-laser. I am convinced laser will do absolutley nothing for my scars and it will only make it worse.Ive also been on accutane in the past and it ***** my healing and made my skin super sensitve.The treatments i have done so far were only peels,v-beam for hyperpigmentation, microdermabrasion, and use of LED lights. all of those i mentioned made my skin worse and i regret doing them greatly because it caused more scarring and emotional/mental stresss on me.LED lights ended giving my skin open pores WITH HAIR FOLLICLES GROWING OUT OF THEM!! which makes my case even more ******* up =(.. dudley if u can help me i would greatly appreciate it im just so tired of dealing wiht the eveyrday stresss man im too young to be gowing through this its so fuked up............I have some faith in lamars method of getting rid of scars with the led/needling/terpoline method but i dont ahve the balls to do self needling as im scared as hell that i will cost more damage and i cant afford down time because of work and i really dont wanan mess up my chances of loosing my job .As of right now im saving for something that willl give me results and will likley cost alot.

subcision is out of the question. it will cause more scarring and from what i read subcision isnt affective on box/ice pick scarrign. i want to focuse on the scars itself not the scars and the surrounding skin that i dont want damaged

ray has had great results dermarolling his skin his scars were close to urs ...i'd do that for a year or two

Based on your picture, I wouldn't classify a majority of your scars as ice pick. Some of the larger ones have smooth edges, so they're not really boxcar scars that require punch elevation. In order for fillers to work, you would need to allow some kind of subcision to release your tethered down skin to create a pocket for the filler. Otherwise, you will end up with donuts of filler surrounding each scar. There are a variety of methods to subcision. Look for a cosmetic dermatologist or facial plastic surgeon who is willing to do light subcision with a narrower needle (not nokor needle) to release your skin prior to using a filler.

dang tokyogirl you know everything

tokyo would you look at my post and let me know what you would have done?

dang tokyogirl you know everything

tokyo would you look at my post and let me know what you would have done?

I definitely don't know everything. I'm still trying to figure out how to fix my scars. Like many at this board, I have pursued the laser route, and have only had success so far with laser treatment.

Looking at your post, I definitely would have gone with subcision, and not even bothered with home rolling. I'm skeptical of any kind of home treatment, and believe in seeking professional treatment of scars. I have made too many mistakes with my skin and created scars. Even without my experience with home remedies, there is no way I would ever risk rolling at home. I realize some people have seen improvement from it but some have caused damage as well. For me, it would not be worth the risk.

Edited by TokyoGirl

Since you are anti-laser subcision seems like your top option. I have no experience with subcision but there are plenty of threads on that topic. If I remember correctly LEDs are more for speeding the healing process and have no effect on scars. The only topical that makes any sense is Retin-A, and don't bother with over the counter products.

Edited by DudleyDoRight

there has to be a filler out there that would be able to fill in the indents there just has too.i wont be able to do any subcision until winter times when there is less sun out here in Toronto Canada .i read artecoll and collegen fillers can have the filling effect on them.

ya tell me about it LED's completley ruined my skin. I cant do dermarolling, there so no way in hell im rolling a bunch of needles on my face so i can create a cross track of scars on my face!!!!! i dont have faith in retin a and right now at this time of year in Toronto Canada its so hot i dont wanan look like a out cast with my cheeks flaring up. my tone is a lot better then it used to be so i dont wanan loose that tone i suffered to achieve.ive had these scars sicne 2006 at the age of 15/16 so imagine the torment my adolescence was.I found this website in 2008 and had new found hope to get some help. Its 2012 and im still stuck with this unfortunate scarring.Its been 6 years with these scars and think its taking a toll on me to the point of no return.

there has to be a filler out there that would be able to fill in the indents there just has too.i wont be able to do any subcision until winter times when there is less sun out here in Toronto Canada .i read artecoll and collegen fillers can have the filling effect on them.

There are many types of fillers for filling indents. However, you have to understand that the indent is caused by tissue that's holding your skin down in those areas. In order to release the tethered down skin and create a pocket under the scar for the filler, subcision is needed to break up the tissue that's holding your skin down. Otherwise, the filler will only surround the tethered down skin. If you talk with a doctor, he/she will tell you the same thing.

There are many types of fillers for filling indents. However, you have to understand that the indent is caused by tissue that's holding your skin down in those areas. In order to release the tethered down skin and create a pocket under the scar for the filler, subcision is needed to break up the tissue that's holding your skin down. Otherwise, the filler will only surround the tethered down skin. If you talk with a doctor, he/she will tell you the same thing.

f

lol creatign a pocket under the scar? thats like making the scar 10 times deeper then it arldy is. a user on here pm and told me micro siclicone droplets would do some good for my type of scarring.

how long ago have you had accutane? usually healing gets back to normal after accutane.. i think for you laviv, prp, ematrix or recell will help..

Edited by waitingforacure

the derms in canada are crooks all they want is your money and try to brain wash you into doing dermabrasion and lasers so they can proffit of there machine they paid so mjuch for. its the sad reality here in canada. if my derm doesnt point me in the right direction on july 12 witch is my next consult im gonna take a bigger step and have a consult with a plastic surgeon. money is not a problem for me right now im willing to spend big on treatments that are worth it.