Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Wildcrow

It worked!

Ok. I have struggled with breakouts and bad acne all my life... I am a female and I have been on this site years ago. I just wanted to tell you all what worked for me . When nothing has.

It was getting off the bcp and also... CHANGING MY DIET. yes it was journey it took a while as well. I didnt liver cleanse or do anything like. What I did do was, I started eating all veggies and fruits... Yes against what i was taught . Carbs sugar blah blah blah. I started drinking and eating lots of green leafy veggies. Lots of berries. I ate mostly salads with everything on them but no dressing . Greens , anything green . The one supplement I did take was acai fruit pulp and glutathione. Anyways why Im posting this is because I would feel like a complete asshole if I didn't . ( Eric cartman's voice) .

Ok. I have struggled with breakouts and bad acne all my life... I am a female and I have been on this site years ago. I just wanted to tell you all what worked for me . When nothing has.

It was getting off the bcp and also... CHANGING MY DIET. yes it was journey it took a while as well. I didnt liver cleanse or do anything like. What I did do was, I started eating all veggies and fruits... Yes against what i was taught . Carbs sugar blah blah blah. I started drinking and eating lots of green leafy veggies. Lots of berries. I ate mostly salads with everything on them but no dressing . Greens , anything green . The one supplement I did take was acai fruit pulp and glutathione. Anyways why Im posting this is because I would feel like a complete asshole if I didn't . ( Eric cartman's voice) .

Oh ya and I know what its like to think acne is the end of the world.. to cry to feel like hiding all that, and to avoid going out sometimes. So ya I tried just about everything on here and prescriptions so I think It is kind of my duty to post Im clear and have been so for about 2 years. feel free to ask me anything and Ill try my best to help. Cuz I want good karma >.>

also if i did go off the pill i would get very bad acne... thats why they put me on the pill. so i know for a fact is the diet thing it is.

Edited by Wildcrow

Hey Wildcrow. :D It's awesome that you've managed to clear up by eliminating bad foods from your diet. I think sugar can trigger a lot of people's skin issues. I've tried eating healthfully and unfortunately my diet doesn't seen to affect my acne much (I know that sugar does tend to break me out a little if I eat too much of the simple stuff) but I chow down on vegetables and fruit like it's my religion and I'm still, ironically, a pizza face. :lol:

You were taught to not eat fruit and vegetables?

think Wildcrow meant about sugar and carbs...at least I hope so...

"What I did do was, I started eating all veggies and fruits... Yes against what i was taught . Carbs sugar blah blah blah. "

What I meant was carbs and sugars . It took awhile it wasn't like it was over night. I did break out the first couple months. Here's the thing though, I had tried everything even accutane twice. I was at my point where I was thinking I may as well be healthy because this acne is not leaving. I started with green smoothies and berries and low carb fruits. Then as I became healthier I started on every fruit in unlimited quantities. I also added that 500 mg of glutathione. I went vegan also . If I ate something bad I would wash it down with a green smoothie with fruit. My advice is hang in there. My skin is so nice now and I get many compliments on it. Oh one more thing. I eliminated alot of stress in my life, such as negative people and focused on fun hobbies and good sleep. If you have not tired Glutathione I would seriously add it to your supplements. :cool:

Congratulations Wildcrow :) eliminating stress is just as important imo, sometimes people forget that when they endeavor into the healthy diet/lifestyle journey. Good on ya for getting rid of it!

Did you stop taking birth control slowly or all at once? Also which kind do you use? I'm currently on yasmin and am thinking about taking myself off of it.