Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Sylosis16

anyone having success with acne.org regimen??

sorry for the long post but I really need advice on my situation

I did a search and read through these boards for a while now and all I find are posts about people saying it caused more harm than good, and that you should stay away from BP treatments period. I'm about to get to week three of being on the acne.org regimen and have not seen any improvement yet but I wanted to give it a fair chance before stopping.

Before I started the regimen my routine consisted of washing my face with water then leaving my face alone all day and then at night I would wash with water, moisturize with jojoba oil and then spot treat with tea tree oil, it was working quite well for me and things were for the most part under control.

Now after being on the regimen for almost three weeks now my skin is dry and very sensitive and breaking out daily but Dan says this is to be expected in the beginning so I'm trying to soldier through it for at least three more weeks. Any opinions or advice on what I should do at this point would be greatly appreciated!

alright I think I'm giving up on the BP. The skin on my face is so damn irritated dry and tight even if I only use a small amount once a day it still is out of control. It itches like hell and looks wrinkly which is very upsetting. The only other time my face ever was red and itched this bad is when I made the huge mistake of using cleansers with SLS in them. My face was slowly but steadily getting clean and less inflamed on my old regimen combined with chemical peels getting done every two weeks and now I've taken like ten steps back. I think my skin is simply too sensitive to chemicals and cant take it anymore after all its been through.

I've been on the Regimen for 4 months and am completely clear. It was rough at first but I persisted and have beautiful results. The reason you see so many complaints/failures is because most people, once they get clear, stop posting on the boards, etc. After all why would you post if all your problems are solved? Makes sense right? I've stayed around to help people and encourage people (I hope).

I know it's a rough start but the results are so worth it! I hope you don't quit.

I used a regimen similar to the acne.org one for almost a year from about october '10 to may '11 and yeah its all good when you're doing it. However, one thing that never went away from me was the redness on my cheeks. I couldn't stand it anymore so I quite...which was a bad thing to do as I broke out horribly and it pretty much ruined my entire summer. Just now I am finally clearing up from that by NOT using chemicals but by doing it holistically. That's the only true way to end acne instead of just fighting the symptoms.

Or growing out of it. I'm hoping I grow out of it. What, a 19 year old can hope that right? Well, almost 19.

Or growing out of it. I'm hoping I grow out of it. What, a 19 year old can hope that right? Well, almost 19.

haha yes. i'm 21 but my brother is almost 25 and still has it!! so i'll probably have a couple more years to live with this

So would you say it took about a month for the breakouts to calm down? damn I guess ill carefully apply some of the bp tonight but deff a small amount. I think switching out dans cleanser for the cetaphil like you did is also a great idea. I noticed dan's cleanser really dried out my skin before even using any bp so that might of made things worse.

Yeah that's why I switched to Cetaphil, Dan's Cleanser felt like it was compounding my already present dryness problem.. It feels a lot better with the Cetaphil cleanser.

I would say it took maybe a month and a half to two months for my skin to stop purging and breaking out randomly. Then again during that time I added jojoba oil then AHA+ which caused me to purge 2 more times. But now I'm clear! Just be confident it's not always going to suck as badly as it does right now. That's what I did, reminded myself it will get better, then it did and now I'm a happy camper :)

Yeah that's why I switched to Cetaphil, Dan's Cleanser felt like it was compounding my already present dryness problem.. It feels a lot better with the Cetaphil cleanser.

I would say it took maybe a month and a half to two months for my skin to stop purging and breaking out randomly. Then again during that time I added jojoba oil then AHA+ which caused me to purge 2 more times. But now I'm clear! Just be confident it's not always going to suck as badly as it does right now. That's what I did, reminded myself it will get better, then it did and now I'm a happy camper :)

so you dont use benzoyl peroxide at all? interesting..

made it to week six now and my skin has stopped breaking out considerably. The BP treatment in tandem with chemical peels has really faded my scars a lot which was really exciting and unexpected, some deep scar marks have actually gone away or become very hard to notice which is great. I've even had the nerve to indulge in some foods that I normally would never eat for fear of breaking out and have had almost no consequences. Gonna keep at it now that I'm seeing results and hopefully by the end of the year ill be clear! *fingers crossed*

I used a regimen similar to the acne.org one for almost a year from about october '10 to may '11 and yeah its all good when you're doing it. However, one thing that never went away from me was the redness on my cheeks. I couldn't stand it anymore so I quite...which was a bad thing to do as I broke out horribly and it pretty much ruined my entire summer. Just now I am finally clearing up from that by NOT using chemicals but by doing it holistically. That's the only true way to end acne instead of just fighting the symptoms.

can you explain to me exactly what you do now to treat your acne please