Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Okay so the supplements I take are: Also I take ibuprofen sometimes to bring down swelling.

Morning

Minocycline 100 mg

Afternoon

Zinc 50 mg

Vitamin D 5000 IU

Vitamin A 10,000 IU

Night

Minocycline 100 mg

MaybeFish Oil 1000 mg

Okay, so my skin has been a little worse than usual, I blame my experimenting with differin. I use clindimycin gel and trention 0.1 cream tropically. The brand of fish oil is Member's Mark, which I'm not sure if it breaks me out or not. I have not been following this supplement regimen for very long, I actually just started doing it recently. So does it sound okay or should I adjust it? I think I might start taking fish oil twice a day.

Member's Mark Fish Oil

EDIT: Also can hair products affect acne? I use an Axe 2-in-1 shampoo and conditioner and sometimes a body/hair wash gel. I never try to apply these to my face but they might rinse off and get on my face, not sure if this is enough to cause more acne. Also should I try to cut out dairy? The only option for a drink with lunch is milk unless you buy water seperate or bing your own. Also I love cheese but I don't really eat a lot of it. I might have it everyday or every other day.

Edited by Brown Spots

Has soy in it, so I wouldn't recommend taking it.

Find a brand that doesn't add unnecessary ingredients. Cod liver oil is excellent as well.

If your taking Minocycline, an antibiotic if Im correct, I would highly highly highly recommend taking a probiotic with it. Find a good brand with as many different strands of good bacteria as possible and take lots. Also, always take them on an empty stomach; half of them don't even make it to the colon anyway.

Thanks for replying! In my option I really don't see what's wrong with soy, I'll consider getting another brand though. Also I already asked about probiotics and I think the two would just cancel each other out. Also how long should I use topical clindimycin? I really don't want to have the bacteria get immune to it. And I actually think my skin doesn't like benzoyl perioxide. I have not used it very much lately since my regimen is irritating enough. When I did use it I used a 10% gel which was a generic, which might of been why I brokeout, and I used a Clinique moisturizer with 2.5% which also broke me out.

Edited by Brown Spots