Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
lindz029

Greasy from Jojoba Oil

Anyone else's face greasy from adding jojoba oil to your moisturizer? I use cerave moist btw. I only add 2 drops of oil and my face looks so greasy..I feel like its just sitting on my skin. How does dan add 6-7 drops??

A lot of it depends on how oily you are naturally anyway. I can only use 1 drop of jojoba oil. My skin is so oily anyway that one drop is all I can use or I'm super shiny/oily. Still, I blot during the day to get off the excess shine.

You can buy jojoba oil here: http://www.danielkern.com/

Click on the 'products' tab, then the 'single items' tab and choose it from the menu on the left hand side of the page.

You can also find jojoba oil in most health food stores in the US. Not sure about other countries.

Yeah it definitely depends on how oily your moisturizer is already and also how oily your skin is naturally. Mine is not oily at all and I can only add 2-3 drops to Dan's Moisturizer - I have NO IDEA how he adds 5-6 drops, I thought the same thing when I read that haha.

Give it an hour or two and it'll mostly absorb. If it's been more than an hour and you still look greasy, gently dab with a tissue or a paper towel or something. Just be super gentle. And I don't recommend trying to completely eliminate the shiny-ness, mainly because when you're first on the Regimen the oil is the only stuff keeping your skin from flaking off. Once you get further along your skin adjusts accordingly (at least in my experience) and you don't have to worry about removing too much oil anymore.

I use 6 drops and my face is still dry sometimes =/. But i stopped using it cause i seem to break out when ever i use it.

But ya when i first started, i freaked out cause my face was so shinny but later on your skin tens to absorb it faster, in my experience.

Edited by AcneeHater

Yeah it definitely depends on how oily your moisturizer is already and also how oily your skin is naturally. Mine is not oily at all and I can only add 2-3 drops to Dan's Moisturizer - I have NO IDEA how he adds 5-6 drops, I thought the same thing when I read that haha.

Give it an hour or two and it'll mostly absorb. If it's been more than an hour and you still look greasy, gently dab with a tissue or a paper towel or something. Just be super gentle. And I don't recommend trying to completely eliminate the shiny-ness, mainly because when you're first on the Regimen the oil is the only stuff keeping your skin from flaking off. Once you get further along your skin adjusts accordingly (at least in my experience) and you don't have to worry about removing too much oil anymore.

I agree with everything stated here. I have no clue how Dan uses so much. I only add one or two drops and then only at night. If i have flakes in the morning, I rub a tiny bit on to smooth out the flakes, and blot the excess off that doesn't absorb enough. But my skin has adjusted as well, and using the oil I think makes your skin less oily in the long run.