Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

Hi :),

Im a british female that lives in the UK. And I'm trying to find a cleanser that suits me, doesn't irriate me or cause more spots/acne. Basically the problem is, well I have tried over 10 or so different cleansers such as:

* Neotrogena ( Irriates and doesn't seem to do anything for me)

* Clearisal ( Makes face all red)

* Clean and Clear ( Stopped using because I think it might be giving mme more spots )

( A boots, one ( Allergic Reaction )

And more, brands that I can't remember the names of. I am currently using Olay mild cleanser, but I am not sure if that is helping? I only started using it a couple of days ago because I didn't have any other cleanser to use and it didn't cause any irritation. I have tried every spot treatment, practically possible and Im so depressed. All my classmates have flawless skin, and those who do have spots, like only a few red dots and the skin around that is all clear. But I have had my spots for about 2 years now, I know, not long. I used to have bad acne, but now its just settled into spots but I'm afraid the acne's coming back. On my chin, I have really stubborn blackheads and I just don't know what to do. I stopped using moisturiser a few days back because I think its making my skin more oily and my mum told me that moisturiser gave her spots?

So does any one know of treatments, cleansers or toners that would help? I'm afraid to use the regimen on here because I have been cheat out of my money before by Pantothen. Plus my mum would not allow me to buy it even if it was my own money. She keeps telling me, I have no spots. But its clear that I do. Last year, some guys in my year, even asked why I had so many on my forehead.

Also, does anyone know if Panoxyl Aquagel or Acnegel 2'5 BP/ 5 BP/ 10 BP works?

Cetaphil is a gentle cleanser-- if you're prone to allergic reactions. It seems to be availalbe in the UK (I googled it). There is a foamy version, a creamy (original) version, and a bar soap available in the US. I always preferred the original version.

For me, especially when I was a teenager, whenever I reached for cleansers that promised to "clear" my skin, they were usually overly perfumed and way too harsh. Neutrogena, Clearasil-- any of those types of washes always made my skin red and angry. I think I tried oil of Olay wash-off years ago, and it seemed OK, although it had perfume in it at the time.

I still go for the fragrance-free wash off cleansers. Sometimes you'll find them with the baby soaps! I figure if you're going to put acne medication on your face, why torture it even more with a harsh cleanser?

Cetaphil is a gentle cleanser-- if you're prone to allergic reactions. It seems to be availalbe in the UK (I googled it). There is a foamy version, a creamy (original) version, and a bar soap available in the US. I always preferred the original version.

For me, especially when I was a teenager, whenever I reached for cleansers that promised to "clear" my skin, they were usually overly perfumed and way too harsh. Neutrogena, Clearasil-- any of those types of washes always made my skin red and angry. I think I tried oil of Olay wash-off years ago, and it seemed OK, although it had perfume in it at the time.

I still go for the fragrance-free wash off cleansers. Sometimes you'll find them with the baby soaps! I figure if you're going to put acne medication on your face, why torture it even more with a harsh cleanser?

Okay, thanks :) I will try it ^^