Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
HiImMatt

Whats your job with acne

Where do you work with acne? and how does it go everyday?

Good?

bad?

meh?

What happens?

Edited by HiImMatt

Omg, I was in the middle of a huge reply and then it got changed. :confused:

:wub:

Lapis lazuli is my favourite gemstone! I know this is off topic but I just had to say this.

Edited by Puella992

Where do you work with acne? and how does it go everyday?

Good?

bad?

meh?

What happens?

I don't have a job now but in the past there have been incidents man. I don't have acne but I do have a scar. I've worked in companies where there were a lot of people who... I'll just say it like it is; they were bad people. No real doubt in my mind about that. And a lot of them tried to use the fact I have a scar to hurt me. Sounds terrible, I know. And it's negative and all but you asked and this was just the way it was. I don't know if I should go into detail but... I'll say that now whenever I have a job interview I'm more observant and I ask more questions in order to find out just what kind of environment it is that I'd be working in should I be hired. But that's not just because of my scar that's just in general... I mean I just refuse to work in a company that lets its employees get away with misbehavior. There have been more times when my scar didn't "cause problems" so it hasn't all been bad however.

Edited by Lapis lazuli

:wub:

Lapis lazuli is my favourite gemstone! I know this is off topic but I just had to say this.

Lapis lazuli (the stone) is very popular! ;) I love it too. The blue is so cool... Sapphires are still my favorite though. I chose this username because it sounds cool. =]

Hmmmm, can't really say anyone ever gave me crap about my acne in the professional world or even in school that I remember.

I had a boss once ask me jokingly if I had chicken pocks when I was in my early 20's; I was still sensitive about my acne at that age and that kind of hit me hard. I know he wasn't trying to be mean, I worked in a community where we joking poke at each other as a way of bonding (typical guy shit). However, a girl stared at him in disbelief at what he just said; he got the point that it was rude and backed off.

Other than that I've only had friends ask me out of concern what was going on with my face.

Oh yeah, and the typical revoltion from the opposite sex growing up.

Aww sorry about that man, came up with this a few mins later and wanted to post it more then the one i had, sorry again D:

Edited by HiImMatt

I work in a micro lab at my job now. Test samples, plate samples, make dilutions, etc.

It goes fine, but since my job is early in the morning, I don't wear makeup. Well, I guess I could, but I don't want to get up and put it on. I work with the same 6 people pretty much everyday, or the same girl when I have to go in after 3pm (due to classes). They all are fine with it, and one of the 40ish year old women asked me if I was taking care of my skin. I told her yes. That was the end of that. I might be a tad bit paranoid and be thinking that they are scanning my face, though, when they aren't. shrug.gif They are all pretty laid back people. I'd have to say they're the best people I've worked with yet.

Edited by Vampireninja09

Aww sorry about that man, came up with this a few mins later and wanted to post it more then the one i had, sorry again D:

Hey that's cool. No worries.

I'm a receptionist.

I am pretty aware of what my skin looks like most of the time and the fluorescent lights don't help much, but I have to support my money squandering somehow. :lol:

Engineering company, mostly sitting behind a computer, but at school I have to face everyone, I see it as a challenge, one that I will prevail over.

I work with mentally and physically handicapped kids and adults right now. But I've had different jobs in the past and never have I had anyone mention a thing about my skin, good or bad. I am pretty clear now but a year ago I had a pretty moderate breakout and still, no one mentioned a thing. How you perceive yourself really shines through to others.

Remember that. =)

I worked at a couple Japanese Steakhouses as a teppanyaki chef for about 7-8 years when I was 16 up to about 24. I went through periods of bad breakouts with cysts and all the scars in the book that go with it. Was on accutane 3 times as well over the course of those 8 years. It bugged the hell out of me no doubt, but I had really good friends and never had any complaints from any customers or any rude remarks either. I actually got requested quite a lot to cook for regular customers. The pay was pretty epic too!

I guess being drunk most of the time was a contributing factor to me dealing with my situation reasonably... hahaha

Edited by Dudemag Fitzgerald

im late here. but im a mascot at an indoor children's theme park. and whats sad is even though i LOVE the job because i love kids, the only reason i got it is because 90% of the time i'm not showing my face. even though I took accutane and am pretty much 80% clear at the moment (no it didnt completely work, but at the same time im glad its better than before!) i NOW find myself becoming self concious with just ONE zit popping up, because im not used to having a full face of severe acne like i used to.

I work in a popular fashion retail store in Australia. A lot of beautiful girls shop and work there. It was so hard being at work when my acne was bad because everyone else seemed perfect and I always used to get strange looks. One customer even said "You would be so pretty if you didn't have pimples". I went out the back and cried. Things are better now though because my skin has cleared up significantly.

Be it i am clear or got a breakout, just don't let it bother me anymore

There is a big wide world out there and much more to life.

Acne is apart of who you are just as much as your arms are legs. The sooner you accept that the better off you will be.