Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
curious516

I accidently applied to much tretinoin (retin a) on my face

Okay the doctor prescribed me veltin (clyndamicyn phosphate with tretinoin). I misread the instructions and applied a pea sized amount on my cheeks, forehead, chin, under nose instead of applying only 1 pea sized of the gel to my whole face entirely. That was the first night the second night and the third night. Now i have a horrible breakout. My skin super dry and flaky. its also itchy and when i scratch i tend to pick at my skin and peel some dry skin off. Can that be part of the initial breakout phase or does it have nothing to do with the inital breakout. WHat should i do,

Edited by curious516

That's just your skin reacting to it. You can dial it back to every second or third night until your skin become accustomed to the irritation. However, since your tretinoin is combined with another active, you should consult your derm before proceeding with an alternating routine.

I actually use about 4 pea sizes each time I apply it. But you should definitely follow the instructions if it says just one pea (mine doesn't)

That's just your skin reacting to it. You can dial it back to every second or third night until your skin become accustomed to the irritation. However, since your tretinoin is combined with another active, you should consult your derm before proceeding with an alternating routine.

I actually use about 4 pea sizes each time I apply it. But you should definitely follow the instructions if it says just one pea (mine doesn't)

Thanks for the information