Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
gemmyjunebug

Chin Pimples

Chin pimples frustrate me to no end. Any other pimple I get(on my face) is annoying but left alone they in general clear up(2 days max) and I go on my merry way. WHY? WHY? Are chin pimples so difficult? Some of my pimples on my chin seem like they have been laying in waiting under my skin for weeks. They just fester under my skin waiting for the most inappropriate time to make my life hell. When they do finally choose to strike they are red, sensitive, and sometimes itch. They take about 2 days and form a whitehead. Now, I'm super good about not popping pimples. I will wait it out-though I want so bad to pop it! Here is my question:

1. I do NOT pop this evil pimple but when it pops itself or I take a shower/wash my face it leaves what is like a hole? This leaves a scar(also something new for me. YAY!) Why?

2. Why does adult acne act so different? I had almost no acne in high school-when I turned 25.. bam!

Your pimples sound like they're hormonal. If you've gone on or off the pill, it might be a reason or maybe your body is just changing - mine did the same when I was about 25. I've noticed that a low cortisone cream can be a real help for deep set pimples. Juts dab some on the pimple where you feel or see it for a couple of nights and it should go away. Cortisone can thin the skin so I wouldn't recommend using this every day but on the occasional monster zit it should be fine. Dabbing on some BP might help too. Doing the allover BP treatment didn't work for me, though, and was really impractical to boot. For some reason my skin seems to have gotten better since I stopped using BP but that might just be the weather - my skin loves autumn :D

Thank you for the reply. I have never been on any BC. My skin just decided to go haywire one day! The cortisone I've done. I don't like to use it more often as needed as you described exactly for those reasons. BP- can't use. I fall into that % that actually is allergic to it. Bad allergic reaction. When I used BP for the first couple weeks it worked just dandy-then my face decided to hate it. You could actually see where I put it on face. Red marks that mimicked slap marks-hives-swollen. That was fun.

Im 31 and been gettin them too! On the chin..I dont care what people say when the whitehead comes and is throbbin just wanting a release, I gently get that puss out, and then get a cotton ball saoked in Salcidic acid/toner and press on the open zit for 30 seconds and repeat. It DRIES up any left over sebum/puss but does develope a scab and eventaully falls off on it own (the scab) Im about to see a DERM. I think mines was realatied to comsetics and using abrasive cleansors (like Pore Scrubbers) And I ordered Proactive...I dont use the cleansor, just the toner, and the repairing lotion bp 2.5%, but just a THIN layer (at night only) In the mornings I just cleanse with a gentle cleasor by Neautrgena (Sensitve Skin, Frag Free, Oil free, adds back moisutre) and moisturze with Cethapil. I changed all My makup products to minerals and Tarte foundation (its all natural for the most part) I plan on gettin a chemical peel, soon.

Nope! Not hormonal. Had my check up and tests done....again. They all 3 of my doctors said 100% not hormonal. I had every test done-and I mean every. My brother in law who is a Dr. even flew in from Portland to assist with this checkup. I wanted to make perfectly clear to the doctors that I was getting the "right" tests and NO-it's not all in my head. I was blessed with many years of clear skin and as I get older I will just except this now my skin. It sucks but life goes on.....