Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xReactionz

Just Ordered the Acne.org Regimen Starter Kit

Just wondering 3 questions.

1- Will the starting 1-2 months supply be enough to see results so I can place another order before then if i see progress or are the first 2 months not going to show improvement yet?

2- Can I still get a little sun while on the regimen? (Enough to not appear pale?) (my skin is white if that helps any?)

3- I have mild acne (If I avoid sugar and drink lots of water the only areas that still get acne is my mouth/jawline area) so will it get worse before it gets better and do you guys have any tips for me or advice other than to follow the regimen on this site?

P.S. I have combination skin :doh: and I plan on getting the extra stuff if I feel I need it but I want to give the basic 3 a shot first, thanks!

Just wondering 3 questions.

1- Will the starting 1-2 months supply be enough to see results so I can place another order before then if i see progress or are the first 2 months not going to show improvement yet?

2- Can I still get a little sun while on the regimen? (Enough to not appear pale?) (my skin is white if that helps any?)

3- I have mild acne (If I avoid sugar and drink lots of water the only areas that still get acne is my mouth/jawline area) so will it get worse before it gets better and do you guys have any tips for me or advice other than to follow the regimen on this site?

P.S. I have combination skin :doh: and I plan on getting the extra stuff if I feel I need it but I want to give the basic 3 a shot first, thanks!

I had mild acne too and the regimen didn't help any. The only thing that I know that reduces, but does not completely eliminate the under the surface white heads and occasional pustules around the mouth/jawline is exfoliation. Muslin cloths with your cleanser twice a week are great for that. Apparently, acne in that area is hormonal and nothing short of hormone-altering medication is going to get rid of it.

Edited by forevermustard

1. You might see improvement after a few weeks, everyone reacts differently. I had very mild acne, just a lot of it, and it took me 3 months to be almost fully clear. At 4 months I'm fully clear. I suggest trying it for at least 3 months before quitting if you see little improvement. But most people when they follow the Regimen very very carefully see improvement, especially those with mild acne.

2. It's fine to get sun while on the Regimen. If you aren't using AHA+, the BP doesn't make your skin THAT sun-sensitive. However you will be red and flaky for a little while because your skin needs to get accustomed to the medication. I was red for maybe 5-6 weeks, but not terribly so. If you do use AHA+ though you will tan (then burn) pretty quickly, so much so that it's best to stay out of sun between 10am and 3pm. I have a really awesome tan on my face just from limited sun exposure due to the fact that AHA+ makes you so sun sensitive. (20 mins at 8am and 20 mins at 5pm five days a week and I have a nice natural glow)

3. All my acne is hormonal, just so you know. And I'm clear from the Regimen. I went through 2 minor purges, but only from the additions of jojoba oil then AHA+ to my Regimen. They weren't terrible, I just avoided thinking about them and life went on, then I was clear.

Extra advice: This website can be unclear at times so I'll give you basics:

The Regimen: Wash your face, pat gently with clean towel, let air dry. Put on BP, let air dry (takes approx. 15-20 mins for me). Put on moisturizer, let air dry. Ignore the times given on the directions because that's what messed me up at first - I followed the times instead of waiting until dry and saw very little results.

Extra products: If before 5 weeks into the Regimen and experiencing so much dryness that you can't stand it anymore, add 2-4 drops jojoba oil to moisturizer. It's very safe and very awesome. If after 5 weeks, I suggest adding AHA+ slowly to Regimen as it's exfoliation is top notch and can easily take place of moisturizer once a day. PM me for more instructions if needed, I don't want to go too in depth right now.