Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
weirdo56

long hair?

i dunno about you guys.. but i think having long hair is a contributing factor for acne

i cant prove it scientifically, but i noticed that i started getting acne on my cheeks at the start of the year because i decided to grow my hair long

has anyone come across this idea?

I grew my hair ten years ago and it was shaved before that. For the three years I had acne prior to growing my hair, my skin was actually worse. I suppose if I didn't keep my hair clean and it was in contact with my face, that may make a difference. But I keep it clean and don't really think it influences anything. Then again, my skin isn't especially oily these days like it once was. If it was, maybe I'd have to keep it out of the way more.

I have heard people mention - usually in topics about water-only regimens - that they try and avoid shampoo because of chemicals. Just a thought that maybe any changes to the areas of your face your hair touches could be down to the hair products you use. Kind of hard to tell, figuring that out would be a case of trial and error.

Edited by PaulH85

My hair is long, and it's greasy before the end of the day. It doesn't seem to matter how long it is, as long as I keep it pulled away from my face, which is how I prefer to style it anyway. Long, oily hair coming into contact with skin continuously really isn't great.

yeah man.. trial and error story of my life llols..

i don't have any acne of my forehead (where most of my hair is touching) but its my cheeks are the problem.. there's nowhere near hair touching it but it is most affected.. maybe its something to do with things i do to my hair and the product i'm using... i usually straightened my hair then put some clay on it to keep it up.. but i don't want to stop doing so since that's the only confidence booster i'd get to go outside thee house :/

Yeah i definitely think it's a bit of a contributing factor for my acne.. I touch my hair a lot, and i play with it a lot, and I always wear my hair down. Therefore it touches my face a lot. But i dont mind because it's sometimes a way to hide my acne. I know it's terrible but i can't help it.

I also get hairline acne, but i've found that putting my hair in a bun on top of my head while I sleep has been helping that quite a bit. That way i'm not sleeping on my oily hair all night (i shower in the morning).

Yeah i definitely think it's a bit of a contributing factor for my acne.. I touch my hair a lot, and i play with it a lot, and I always wear my hair down. Therefore it touches my face a lot. But i dont mind because it's sometimes a way to hide my acne. I know it's terrible but i can't help it.

I also get hairline acne, but i've found that putting my hair in a bun on top of my head while I sleep has been helping that quite a bit. That way i'm not sleeping on my oily hair all night (i shower in the morning).

You have really pretty hair! :) Well, from what I can tell. Side-bangs are automatically pretty.

I wear my hair out of my face 90% of the time, but I occasionally wear it down when I go out and I haven't noticed that it breaks me out. I try not to overladen it with products, I think waxes and mousses are big breakout culprits.

QUOTE (tothatesacne @ Sep 14 2011, 03:44 PM)

You have really pretty hair! smile.gif Well, from what I can tell. Side-bangs are automatically pretty.

I wear my hair out of my face 90% of the time, but I occasionally wear it down when I go out and I haven't noticed that it breaks me out. I try not to overladen it with products, I think waxes and mousses are big breakout culprits.

Aw thank you!! And yeah, I don't put any products in it at all, and as long as I keep my hair clean I dont really have problems. But If i let my hair get oily, a few pimples usually pop up :/

Edited by tothatesacne