Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
xReactionz

Will my kids have acne?

I'm only 20 but I worry that I might pass on Acne to my kids when I have them in the future. I know my acnes from Genetics because it's the same with all males in my generation that's related to me on my dads side. If my girlfriend/wife-to-be doesn't have skin prone to acne do you guys think there's a chance that our kids will avoid the acne prone skin? (I know they might get a pimple here and there but I don't want them to have at least one 24/7 like i did in my teens.

Basically I don't want my kids to have to go through what I have to. Even if it's only mild it's affected me from 14 still to this day and it sucks

I've written this a bunch of times..why are we worried about our acne gene...why not worry about our bi polar disorder and suicidal tendencies that will be passed down. We are so shallow, fuck the kardashians for doing this.

So minor, get a reality check.

I've written this a bunch of times..why are we worried about our acne gene...why not worry about our bi polar disorder and suicidal tendencies that will be passed down. We are so shallow, fuck the kardashians for doing this.

So minor, get a reality check.

it is minor, but it's a question I had and wanted to know if the gene always gets passed down

after learning genetics in bio a couple years back there is a chance your child might not suffer as badly as you or could suffer as badly ...but this is only if acne if due to genetics. in my opinion part of the causes of acne is genetics but only moderate to severe cases since everyone always gets the rare pimple. my dad had it bad and my mom was clear but i have it moderately so i guess it cut down the middle. what i would suggust is to wait it out till your child is a teen and if you see him/her breaking out horribly then

go to the derm and get perscriptions. however i would recommend treating the acne naturally such as a healthy diet, exercise, plenty of sleep, and not too much stress. these factors are very important for making your skin healthy. if you have anymore questions about naturally treating acne feel free to ask man

go to the derm and get perscriptions. however i would recommend treating the acne naturally such as a healthy diet, exercise, plenty of sleep, and not too much stress. these factors are very important for making your skin healthy. if you have anymore questions about naturally treating acne feel free to ask man

Alright. I tried BP back a number of years ago and reading how it hurts your skin tells me to back off buying it again. As I get older it's slowly going away but I try to maintain a low sugar diet. Whats the best wait to "naturally" treat it?

I like going out in the sun every once and awhile and while using most topicals (BP) that will burn my face I think naturals the better choice in the long run.

Guest pokemonster

well then duh, just dont make kids? problem solved. 0_o

Alright. I tried BP back a number of years ago and reading how it hurts your skin tells me to back off buying it again. As I get older it's slowly going away but I try to maintain a low sugar diet. Whats the best wait to "naturally" treat it?

I like going out in the sun every once and awhile and while using most topicals (BP) that will burn my face I think naturals the better choice in the long run.

yeah i would agree naturally is the best way. these are the things i do and i dont have any active pimples anymore (except dark marks but thats cause of my skin color)

1. Get at least 8 hours of sleep. Stress mentally and towards your body is extremely unhealthy. Sleep is very helpful dont underestimate it! drink green tea or exercise such as running if you are feeling stressed.

2. Try and lay off the medications cause they (in my opinion) are just a temporary fix and your skin will probably become immune to antibiotics and BP. but a little bit of topical medication doesnt hurt.

3. Wash your face twice a day, no more no less. Washing your face too much can cause irratation and redness. Also cause dry skin which ultimately causes more break outs because your skin pumps out more oil to moisturize the skin. I use Cetaphil Gentle Cleanser. Cleaning your bed sheets is also pretty helpful too.

4. Finally, one of the most important is diet. Now dont put all your eggs in one basket and just go for the diet part. I think diet plays a huge role but it isnt the complete cure for acne. Now when i tell you what is good/bad i dont want you to think you have to strictly follow this. That would be insane. When i thought diet was the only thing that mattered i completely cut back on anything fun, which is worse in my opinion cause your just stressing yourself out more since you cant eat what u want. Ultimately you should eat 90% healthy and 10% junk.

okay... so you want to go low on your sugar since it spikes your insulin so things like milk chocolate and anything sugary will spike it up. Try dark chocolate or small amounts of sugary items if u must. Also, carbs can be pretty harmful but only if you overload. dont completely get rid of all carbs cause you need them!! just dont eat white bread whereas you could be eating wheat since it is lower on sugar also and high in fiber. Carbs that contain bleached ingrediants arent that great for ya. like white rice!! Finally, dairy isn't that great for you either. Mainly because these products have terrible hormones in them from the animals since they are shot with unnatural things in their body. DRINK A LOT OF WATER! and fiber is great!!!

MY USUAL DAY:

morning:

before breakfast down 8oz glass of water

eat oatmeal with blueberries/rasberries

down another glass of water (helps fill you up a little bit)

occasionally have a cup of green tea

lunch: mega salad

contains lettuce, tomoatos, carrots, spring onions, celery, cucumber, green pepper, lentils, flaxseed meal, mushrooms, and some sort of meat/fish to throw on top. and u always gotta be naughty so i might throw some croutons and or fatty dressing :angel:

dinner: to be honest with you at this point of the day i feel confident to eat whatever my mom makes for dinner haha. usually its some sort of meat or fish which is already pretty healthy but if its pasta or sumthin high in carbs i dont worry too much cause its not like im having it everyday.

dessert: fruit with probiotic yogurt. mhmmm delicious. :drool: but sometimes throw in a bit of chocolate there!

snacks:

walnuts, fruit, veggies and dip, some toast, really anything small.

well that was a lot longer than i intended but just trying to help haha! if you or anymore follow this list it will definetly show some results!!

There is no certain answer for your question. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

The more important concern is are you going to teach them to value themselves and others for more than what is visible to the eye? Because that lesson is one of the most important. And remember, children imitate those they look up to. So maybe work on yourself and let life happen the way it's meant to. =)

There is no certain answer for your question. Maybe they will, maybe they won't.

The more important concern is are you going to teach them to value themselves and others for more than what is visible to the eye? Because that lesson is one of the most important. And remember, children imitate those they look up to. So maybe work on yourself and let life happen the way it's meant to. =)

Bravo.

Could not have said that better myself.