Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
theperuvian

How can i finally get rid of hyperpigmentation dark marks!

hey there guys! brand new to this but i have a problem that is still hard to find a solution to...hyperpigmentation!! i have had my marks for over half a year now and they are truely a big pain. As time goes by they do fade away a little but there must be another quicker way to heal them right?! so my question to you is how do you deal with your dark marks? any home remedies or diet changes you make?? thanks a bunch!

btw i have used hydroquinone and scarzone cream, both which didnt have a huge impact. i also use a mask made of honey cinnamon and lemon juice, which is suppose to help but im still not seeing drastic results.

From what I hear, it's pretty hard to find a truly effective home remedy. I dunno though and I'm hoping you find some success, I'm anxious to find some kind of treatment too.

I can't imagine any home remedy being effective besides lemon juice since it contains AHA's. Using a concentrated AHA lotion could help you. I will be trying M2 20% Skin Refinish Lotion once I'm finished with my Accutane course. You could visit a dermatologist to try and get a Retin-A prescription. In terms of diet changes, I'm not sure anything would really help to be honest.

I can't imagine any home remedy being effective besides lemon juice since it contains AHA's. Using a concentrated AHA lotion could help you. I will be trying M2 20% Skin Refinish Lotion once I'm finished with my Accutane course. You could visit a dermatologist to try and get a Retin-A prescription. In terms of diet changes, I'm not sure anything would really help to be honest.

okay thanks! so would u say that AHA's are my best shot with clearing up the marks cause i dont really want to be taking anymore medication as i am on epiduo and minocycline.

AHA increases cell turnover so it'd help to fade your red marks quicker. :) It's also good for little pimples that pop up here and there, you just have to make sure to use a moisturizer with SPF during the day as it does increase your skin's sensitivity to sunlight. It helped me when I was using it. Ultimately, time is the biggest factor when it comes to fading red marks, unfortunately.

AHA increases cell turnover so it'd help to fade your red marks quicker. :) It's also good for little pimples that pop up here and there, you just have to make sure to use a moisturizer with SPF during the day as it does increase your skin's sensitivity to sunlight. It helped me when I was using it. Ultimately, time is the biggest factor when it comes to fading red marks, unfortunately.

thanks!! do you know anything else that is helpful containing AHA?

hey.. i have a lot of dark marks!! i use an exfoliater. and if uv got red marks try exfoliating with a baby brush !

the baby brush exflo^^

i used honey its fading marks some

im thinking of just either tanning in the sun or getting a self tanner lotion (healthy tanning) from cvs or walgreens you apply over night and it eventually tans your skin so the redmarks get masked.. its a quick fix, plus summer is coming up so im going to be out in the sun anyways. good luck!

Do you use the epiduo in the morning and at night? If you only use it at night you should try getting Finacea. It's usually used for rosacea but helped reduce my red marks, plus it has antibacterial properties so it helps with acne (if you still have some). Also it has a white powdery effect which helps hide some of the marks if your skin is pale-ish so you can use it during the day

Do you use the epiduo in the morning and at night? If you only use it at night you should try getting Finacea. It's usually used for rosacea but helped reduce my red marks, plus it has antibacterial properties so it helps with acne (if you still have some). Also it has a white powdery effect which helps hide some of the marks if your skin is pale-ish so you can use it during the day

this worked on your acne redmarks even though its for rosacea? how long until you saw effects of fading? weeks? months?

this worked on your acne redmarks even though its for rosacea? how long until you saw effects of fading? weeks? months?

Yes it help my red marks a lot - usually newer marks fade very fast (for me it takes 2-3 weeks to reduce 70-80% compared to before it took 5-6 months). However I've found that it depends on what kind of red mark you're talking about. I have both the "red" looking ones and brownish looking ones. Finacea works really fast on the red ones until almost all the redness is gone, but it still leaves a tiny faint brownish mark behind. the mark is much less noticeable than before and I just gently exfoliate it until it becomes normal again.

Edited by Foster4

Yes it help my red marks a lot - usually newer marks fade very fast (for me it takes 2-3 weeks to reduce 70-80% compared to before it took 5-6 months). However I've found that it depends on what kind of red mark you're talking about. I have both the "red" looking ones and brownish looking ones. Finacea works really fast on the red ones until almost all the redness is gone, but it still leaves a tiny faint brownish mark behind. the mark is much less noticeable than before and I just gently exfoliate it until it becomes normal again.

interesting i have mostly just light red marks that i can tell have already faded from post acne not any brown and not deep scars only about 2 months old. i think i might look for finacea can i get it at walgreens? or cvs?

eyyy guys. just switched to differin gel and solodyn oral prescription. so far so good. I've learned that dark marks pretty much take time. sure....honey and exfoliates help but not that much. u just gotta be patient with the red/purplish marks and move on. they are better than active acne at least

I was on Solodyn for 3 months before taking about a 2 month break and just started going back on it. Does anyone know if I will have to go through the initial break out again?

Lemon juice only created further problems for my acne marks. But maybe for SCARS it would work. IDK, the red marks leftover from past acne turned dark after applying lemon juice.

HEY! So I am completely new to the whole acne.org forum but scarring is my biggest issue as well as controlling my acne. I think a really awesome treatment for this problem is microdermabrasion. The problem is that it can be kinda pricey to go do that. I recently purchased a PMD, which is an at home microdermabrasion system. You do it once a week, its fast, painless and totally worth it. Within a few uses I was able to start seeing some differences. You could youtube other peoples videos for personal testimonys about the PMD but I think that its an awesome system and the benefits are awesome. Also my facial cleansers seem to be absorbed into my skin a lot better after I use my microderm!