Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...
Guest pokemonster

From Vegetarian To Eating Fish Again

Guest pokemonster

BASICALLY:

1-how often/much MUST you eat fish? (minimum)

2-how often/much SHOULD you eat fish?

3-what fish is the best to have that isnt too expensive either?

4-what fish to avoid?

5-do i need to start eating it gradually after being vegetarian?

6-maybe you can just do with fish oil supplement?

Edited by pokemonster

You can take krill oil.

And just have a fatty fish like salmon, sardines, herring, small mackerel species, etc., once or twice a week. Sardines are probably the least expensive but that depends on where you live.

Guest pokemonster

anyone about this:

1-how often/much MUST u eat fish? (minimum)

2-how often/much SHOULD u eat fish?

4-what fish to avoid?

^ knowing i dont have any supplements (except iodine, evening primrose, d3) and rarely get greens?

Edited by pokemonster

you can google all these questions im sure there are forums and blogs about fish. there is no minimum, just depends on how much protein you want, that usually depends on lifestyle or age. fish to avoid are fish that aren't in the supermarkets. start with easy stuff like tuna (out of a can) then transition to other fish.

Guest pokemonster

^ ok thnx, i think that answers my questions actually, will google details later..

Edited by pokemonster

Hi there,

Try eating hake first. Is a low fat fish and it almost certain that won't cause you breakouts. Be aware that tuna or salmon are more likely to cause you breakouts as some people have reported.

huh? ur too kind alternativista, after i annoy u so many times u still replied l:3

well thnx and ill try remember those fishes, all i actually know are salmon and sardines, dunno if we have such krill oil in where i live either :T but ok, i heard cod liver oil :X is good too or something..

anyone about this:

1-how often/much MUST u eat fish? (minimum)

2-how often/much SHOULD u eat fish?

4-what fish to avoid?

^ knowing i dont have any supplements (except iodine, evening primrose, d3) and rarely get greens?

1/2 - If it's a fatty fish like salmon, sardines, herring, mackerel and trout, you only need to have one or two servings a week. Also, many shellfish like clams, mussels, oysters are also very high in omega 3s. But I don't know which. Perhaps there's other animals more common in your area. And algae and kelp and such.

4- Avoid all large predatory species like large mackerel, shark, swordfish, many tuna species, I don't know them all.

5-maybe

Why can't you get greens? I've been under the impression you were in Asia.

And don't take a lot of cod liver oil. You can OD on vitamin A. Although I've read that mega doses of A are not a problem if you get one of the B vitamins that's necessary to process it. But I'd do more research on that before trying it.

Edited by alternativista

I really doubt fish are very capable of feeling pain but I don't know. Same things with chicken and turkey. their brains are just to small and they are just not evolved as us I think. Vegetarians don't need protein. They just need to eat 10 essential amino acids that make up protein that can be found in a combination of protein free fruits and veggies so the body can make its own.

When you eat protein you body actually has to go though a very difficult process to break down the protein into those amino acids first and make it's own protein from those amino acids. So getting the essential amino acids directly from fruits and vegetables where there is no protein to break down first is alot more effective when body building per say.

The way I look at it is. Being a vegetarian is not going to stop the problem of us killing animals for resources. It's only going to potentially hurt the persons health of the one being the vegetarian.

What vegetarians should be doing i think is not being against eating meat, rather be pro better practices of the slaughtering of animals in the regards of where they wouldn't feel any pain, and against the bad slaughtering methods.

if your eating any beans as a substitute,milk,soymilk,ect that may definitely a cause of digestion problems and or acne. Eggs however are a great source and alternative to the people that are vegetarians. But I believe so if only if your eating them raw, but if cooked they are still the best substitute els wise I think.

beans and foods that have sugar and protein at equal ratios slow down and speed up your bowls at the same time causing a constipating effect and toxin absorption, which both cause acne and a whole slew of other problems in a lot of people but protein from any source be it from the best pure amino acids, to the worst bowl tranquilizing beans. They are always better than having no source of protein.

Alot of meat is thrown out in the us. A LOT, and most places elsewhere too. Not eating the meat of slaughter is only I believe leading the animal to die in vain.

Also

another interesting insight is the only reason cows/pigs/chickens and other animals are not extinct or have had serious die-outs like so many other animals is because we use them for food purposes or pets.

For exemplar dogs and wolfs wouldn't even exist if we didn't use them as pets. Dogs are wolf hybrids and are a result of thousands of years of wolf crossbreeding. ( I didn't mean inbreeding sry*)

If we didn't protect the animals we do, and or keep them as pets, and or eat them, most species of animals except for oceans life would have probably gone completely extinct or close to it already.

Humans just don't need them otherwise And sense we have taken over the planet pretty much this stuff happens and will happen more and more rapidly as the population continues to grow.

This is just my opinion

And I think trying something at least 1 time before judging is admirable. You Should try a whole piece of chicken/turkey and see how it taste and makes you feel first before you decide never to eat it imo.

also if your a vegetarian why are you eating fish?. Tuna are much smarter than turkeys and chickens. A turkey's brain is about the size of a walnut and it is said that it has fewer brain cells than a cockroach.

Edited by AthleticHunta

i think vitamins are great. even if you can afford the liquid stuff that is alot better for you, you might be able to get a multi vitamin for 6 bucks at the store.

Edited by AthleticHunta

Of course they can feel pain. Any animal that has a CNS can feel pain.

If animals didn't feel pain, a predator could just be nibbling on their leg/fin/wing/tail/head/brain/etc. and they'd never notice.

This means that many shellfish can't feel pain (if you want to eat shellfish instead of regular fish) because they lack a CNS. But in all seriousness, from an ethical aspect, there's nothing morally wrong with eating meat. Circle of life, etc. Animals eat other animals because if they don't, they can die.

As an ex-vegetarian, I had no moral qualms about going back to eating meat after I realized that I was placing the animals' lives before mine.

I guess the best advice I can give you is just "get over it."

You'll feel better after your health and skin improves.

Edited by chunkylard

hey man I had to edit the post several times. I was very tired when I made it.

I agree with you (: . And I think fish is gross to bunny. if you haven't had it Turkey taste a billion times better.

Also if fish do feel pain I'm sure

Ants feel pain, so do cock roaches, and every type of other bug we routinely kill every day.

I don't think getting smashed is painless.. I imagine that would hurt like hell lol.

Ants feel pain, so do cock roaches (just looked this one up. No one really knows for sure. It's all up in the air)

Edited by AthleticHunta

Poke, if you don't want to eat fish or take fish oil supplements, have you considered taking an alternative, like flax seed oil? Spirulina (it's algae... om nom nom) is also good. Canned tuna is your cheapest option if you want to go down the non-vegetarian path, but honestly, if being a vegetarian is what you want, then don't let anybody make you feel like you shouldn't be a vegetarian. Everybody has different ideals.

Guest pokemonster

thnx for answers

so im officially no more a vegetarian now u_u

ive had fish 2 times so far and i can tell u even if i can bare the taste (together with other food only..somehoow) it feels pretty gross and sick afterwards, idk.

Edited by pokemonster

thnx for answers

so im officially no more a vegetarian now u_u

ive had fish 2 times so far and i can tell u even if i can bare the taste (together with other food only..somehoow) it feels pretty gross and sick afterwards, idk. according to blood type diet this is my perfect food pft :dry: anyway well oh well, i wonder if this helps my skin at all..without details its quite nasty feeling atm

@gutterflower

thnx, trust me nobody cant change my ideals ;3 but ive decided to try this, altho idea was fucking random, cant help myself -_-, but ive thought and skimmed threads alot before too and also know that fe asians? they eat mainly sea food & have the nicest skin right? *o* and i just cant take mine anymore and so and so..therfor here i am, but well yea, i do feel like i lost though...:doubt:

ive had flax oil for forever (if theres one thing thats not rare and too expensive to buy here then thats that), but it alone is no cure, ive also been on spirulina and nothing really happened too. :ermm:

Why eat only the fishies and not the other animals. That's not fair to them): ..

Edited by AthleticHunta

Maybe if you're vegetarian and not getting enough vital nutrients, you should really consider a multi-vitamin. Even if you can't afford it/it seems expensive. Your body needs vitamins and minerals, which I'm sure you already know - so give them to it! lol

Why eat only the fishies and not the other animals. That's not fair to them): ..

If I were a cow, my jealousy would be immense. I'd be concerned that I was just not finny enough.

Does anyone know if it's bad to eat 1 can of salmon a day? It's the same size as a can of tuna...it's the only protein im eating right now

The thing you have to be careful with is mercury and pollutants, and where they're getting the fish and all that fun stuff...Just from a government website, they say 5 ways to limit Mercury are- 1) Choose fish that are lower in mercury 2)Don't eat fish that have the most mercury 3)Eat fewer, or smaller servings of fish, 4) choose smaller fish and 5)eat a variety of fish.

Be careful with all your fish oil pills out there and make sure they are mercury free or the lowest amount of mercury!!!

Guest pokemonster

well reason why just fish because first in my mind its like they maybe feel less pain than larger animal like cows and pigs? afterall they are larger in size and more complicated beings so they dont die as easily? im maybe wrong but thats how i originally thought at least, and when skim those threads about health/skin i hear more about fish than meat too etc, so in conclusion thats why fish and if i eat fish, then why should i also eat animal then? i made this decision only for urgency for health, and its enough with just fish, so yeah

i should stop making random decisions tho and this deffinatelly wasnt a good idea, but idk wtf else to do to make that body work, ive tried so much cant list it..

Edited by pokemonster

Meh.. because fish is a substitute to people who are already eating meat. Most meat eaters dont eat much fish at all except for places like japan.

Edited by AthleticHunta

Guest pokemonster

PEH.

because.

1- whos substitute is for what and what not is a their human bzns. ill decide things i eat.

2- ha ha and ha plus duh. japan is exactly the place to take examples the most from.

shmeh.

I came across this info and thought of you and your dilemma:

About plant based Omega 3 sources and our ability to convert them, or supposed lack of ability:

Plant based omega-3 sources like flax,hemp and chia seeds are high in ALA, but low in EPA and DHA. Although ALA is an essential nutrient, it is important to remember that the conversion of ALA to the far more essential EPA and DHA is typically quite inhibited by impaired delta 6 desaturase, an enzyme necessary for you to convert the ALA into the longer chain EPA and DHA.

Elevated insulin levels impair this enzyme and more than 80 percent of the U.S. population has elevated insulin levels. Because of this it is important to include animal based sources of omega-3 fats in your diet.

Found in this blog post about how krill oil is the best source of omega 3s. http://naturalhealthdigestandnews.blogspot.com/2011_08_01_archive.html

Guest pokemonster

^ well thanks, thats interesting..from what i understood? its like if we dont eat sugar and carbs anymore or as much (including fruits) then making that ala convert into dha/epa is possible with just from plant sources too right?

but wasnt there more to eating fish/meat than just this dha and insulin things? like vitamins b12, taurine, fibroflavin something eusa_shifty.gif and others? because again, i rarely get greens, which are the richest with nutrients plants right? and i cant afford those special plant source omega 3 supplements either and barely have any seaweed/algae too (only dried nori), so are any regular veggies enough to get that omega 3?

i dont have like too varied veggies too btw, we just mostly have tomatos, cucumbers, sometimes squash, potatos, leeks, carrots, onions, garlic, cabbage, and basically rotate between mainly those. and i just know from somewhere that to get enough vitamins from such diet u need to eat aloot but when u eat like fe fish u get same amount of vitamins etc from less amount?

and what about all the paleo etc, all u everyone here allways saying how vegetarian, vegan diets are so unreasonable etc?

altho personally dont rly believe it, i think if u have knowing u can manage it just right, buut ofc then u also need to get supplements and almost know everything about every veggetable and so ~_~

anyhow i do have big time trouble with no sugar rule -_- i mean cmon now, its my favortie food, the more sugary the better and lol no sugar?..riiight.. -_-

^ well thanks, thats interesting..from what i understood? its like if we dont eat sugar and carbs anymore or as much (including fruits) then making that ala convert into dha/epa is possible with just from plant sources too right?

but wasnt there more to eating fish/meat than just this dha and insulin things? like vitamins b12, taurine, fibroflavin something eusa_shifty.gif and others? because again, i rarely get greens, which are the richest with nutrients plants right? and i cant afford those special plant source omega 3 supplements either and barely have any seaweed/algae too (only dried nori), so are any regular veggies enough to get that omega 3?

i dont have like too varied veggies too btw, we just mostly have tomatos, cucumbers, sometimes squash, potatos, leeks, carrots, onions, garlic, cabbage, and basically rotate between mainly those. and i just know from somewhere that to get enough vitamins from such diet u need to eat aloot but when u eat like fe fish u get same amount of vitamins etc from less amount?

and what about all the paleo etc, all u everyone here allways saying how vegetarian, vegan diets are so unreasonable etc?

altho personally dont rly believe it, i think if u have knowing u can manage it just right, buut ofc then u also need to get supplements and almost know everything about every veggetable and so ~_~

anyhow i do have big time trouble with no sugar rule -_- i mean cmon now, its my favortie food, the more sugary the better and lol no sugar?..riiight.. -_-

we do need sugars in our diets after all just not refined sugars, here are some articles that you should take a look over and then find real pure sugar (not sucrose) to place in for refined sugars stand:

http://newhope360.co...rs/sugar-debate

http://www.ehow.com/...ned-sugars.html

instead eat FRESH, i can not say this enough, FRESH fruits and veggies, you know the real food, lol. the diet thing might help your acne, its hit or miss so dont just dump the diet if it doesnt cuz it still keeps you really healthy.

Edited by freeliving

-Retinol (Vitamin A - obviously good for the skin)

-B12

-Vitamin K (k2 form)

-CoQ-10

-COMPLETE protein source (all essential amino acids)

-Omega-3s from EPA/DHA

-CLA

-Zinc (non-animal sources of zinc are lackluster)

-Some other fun stuff that further validates the point that humans evolved to eat meat.