Acne.org
Search In
Find results that contain...
Find results in...

I have been using the Acne.org AHA and BP on my back nightly for over a year now. In the beginning, it was a lifesaver and my back was 100% clear. I would say that the acne started coming back in the past six months and I have not changed anything that I do.

I layer the AHA and BP every single night and wash with the acne.org cleanser. I am getting pimples with this regimen now, and this past month was particularly bad with painful, hard blemishes that leave hyperpigmentation and will probably take a few more months to completely clear. Why is this happening all of a sudden? I have tried putting on more product because I thought maybe I was just getting lax with it but it just made my skin drier and didn't stop the breakouts. Help??

Here is my guess. So it worked at first, cleared up the old skin and dried out the old dead/blocked pores, creating clean clear skin. Since it was clear you kept using it, that kept DRYING it out and taking all that skin moisturizing sebum oil and acid mantle with it. Now you are broke out again. Stop using it all together and get CLEAR FOR GOOD.

http://www.acne.org/messageboard/cure-acne...80&start=80

Here is my guess. So it worked at first, cleared up the old skin and dried out the old dead/blocked pores, creating clean clear skin. Since it was clear you kept using it, that kept DRYING it out and taking all that skin moisturizing sebum oil and acid mantle with it. Now you are broke out again. Stop using it all together and get CLEAR FOR GOOD.

Thanks for the input but my acne has nothing to do with my diet and I am like 99.9% sure of this.

Thanks for the input but my acne has nothing to do with my diet and I am like 99.9% sure of this.

I don't recommend anything about diet, I merely address the harms soaps and chemicals do to the skin. Do not wash with soap and do not put any bp on your back, only use water and see what happens.

Edited by freeliving

I don't recommend anything about diet, I merely address the harms soaps and chemicals do to the skin. Do not wash with soap and do not put any bp on your back, only use water and see what happens.

Haha. That's a joke right? I know for a fact my back would be a disaster. Trust me, I've gone without my routine several times for vacation, etc. and it is not pretty.